LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon.
I apologize for my English. I did not talk to him. But I try to learn.
Forgive the misspelled title. LT1 swap a Chevy van. If adminestratory can ask to fix!

I have a Chevy van and I Would like to put in a LT1 engine.
I have this drive and it disassembled for rebuild. I'm going to put in a 383 stroker kit. The main task of a torque increase. But so it is not moved to the upper rev range.I would appreciate if someone can help find the right advice as components.
I live in Russia and we do not have the necessary details. And I have to order these items in your stores.
And I would not be comfortable if I order the wrong parts. Before ordering details, I would like to ask advice from people who know and understand what is necessary to collect good traction LT1. Without changing the fuel settings.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the site address.

But on this forum, I checked to see how to build a LT1 engine!

How to install LT1 engine VAN I will understand. Such a swap is my job. But only with the Land Rover. And the American car I just started to learn myself buying a Chevy van.

I plan to carry them to the trailer. And his origenalny engine I do not like your torque and dynamics.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
"I'm going to put in a 383 stroker kit." + "Without changing the fuel settings."

that wont work out for you at all. it'll need to be tuned.

if you dont want to tune it or "change the fuel settings" you'd best stick with a 350, and a mild camshaft swap. i'd reccommend an RV cam.

this is what i run, and i bet it would haul a full size van very easily. way more low end power than you'd expect. it runs good enough on a stock tune.

Voodoo Hyd Roller Cam - LT1 LT4 262/270 - Lunati Power

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact that the sellers do not ship outside the U.S. This is the crucial question. There are firms intermediaries.

I razobratsya importantly it would be good for my LT1 and bad.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
you should speak with Greendaiza from this forum

he's also from Moscow, and speaks russian, and he knows a bit about LT1 engines.

he also runs into trouble ordering parts from the USA, i bet you two can help each other

·
Registered
377 Posts
In reference to a Astro Chevy VAN...
yeah it can be done.
I am doing my 2nd LT1 swap in to an Astro(s).
LT1 will fit both Astro and Safari, and of course the full size vans.
And it is a screamer. Everyone will hear the V8. The police seemed interested too.
If your van is going to have a 383 surely you'll need a posi rear end and to get the benefits of the torque I'd use a 3.73:1 gear.
The biggest problem is the location of the A/C compressor. Only Y body LT1 will fit directly with accessories attached. An a/c relocation designed for the LT1 will be needed if using B, F, D body LT1. or use a Y body front bracket assembly for engine accessories.
A true dual exhaust is another dilemma cause of the location of the Astros fuel tank.
ALL Swaps will need a tune! any mods need a tune!

·
Global Moderator
13,567 Posts
For info on the lt1, we have 4th gen parts books in the 4th gen section, as well as, 94 and 96 factory service manuals. All free to download. Will help you learn the lt1 and practice your English also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In reference to a Astro Chevy VAN...
yeah it can be done.
I am doing my 2nd LT1 swap in to an Astro(s).
LT1 will fit both Astro and Safari, and of course the full size vans.
And it is a screamer. Everyone will hear the V8. The police seemed interested too.
If your van is going to have a 383 surely you'll need a posi rear end and to get the benefits of the torque I'd use a 3.73:1 gear.
The biggest problem is the location of the A/C compressor. Only Y body LT1 will fit directly with accessories attached. An a/c relocation designed for the LT1 will be needed if using B, F, D body LT1. or use a Y body front bracket assembly for engine accessories.
A true dual exhaust is another dilemma cause of the location of the Astros fuel tank.
ALL Swaps will need a tune! any mods need a tune!
I totally agree that 3.73.1 will be necessary. And I am sure I will put in my van 3.73.1.

On my stock TBI compressor A / D also stood by the driver. I think I can solve this problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For info on the lt1, we have 4th gen parts books in the 4th gen section, as well as, 94 and 96 factory service manuals. All free to download. Will help you learn the lt1 and practice your English also.
Thank you.
I will complete this unit. It will really help me to learn more about the LT1 and help make better choices of components.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am assuming you are using the 92-97 years LT1.
I would gladly help you in your swap.
What year LT1, what year transmission, what year Chevy and model?

TBI front brackets on a LT1.. yes, if you are using the 70s years LT1.
Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
377 Posts
actually need more info on what you are trying to achieve

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
But this cam operating range starts from 1600 RPM. I would like to start from the engine a good time to 1000-1200 RPM.
And also want to increase obemy and stroke crankshaft. That should make my LT1 a high-torque.

Sergey the lunati cam suggested will be excellent in a heavy van where torque is the consideration. Lots of weight needs lots of torque and less high RPM power. The cams power range is for a stock 350 Engine in a stroker 383 Larger lever = more torque. Larger engine by larger bore size or longer lever( stroke). An engine larger than a 350 needs a larger camshaft to utilize more air and fuel its cylinder volume is greater. That Lunati cam is excellent in a 350 and would be very torquey in a 383. Operating range would be lower than 1600RPM in a larger engine say idle to low 5000 RPMS.

LT1 Build - Chevy High Performance Magazine

Golen High Performance Engines | LS1 High Performance Engine | LS1 Long Block | LS1 Engines

LT1 vs. LT4 vs 383 stroker-best engine??? - Corvette Forum

a heavy van and the Impalla is heavy car here are some performance combinations in heavy cars. Stock 350LT to 383 supercharged and Nitrous oxide.

Dynamic Top ETs

LT1 Engine Swap - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

LT1 Engine Swap - GM Truck Central

Might be able to get parts from European sources. Might be able to get an individual or company in US to purchase and ship parts to you if the builders will not.

VictoryRacingEngines.com >> Where Quality Fuels Power!

Borowski Race Enterprise Rockdale Illinois

Forged

Does 383 stroker LT1 require block notching? - Chevrolet Impala SS Forum : Chevy Impala SS Forums

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am assuming you are using the 92-97 years LT1.
I would gladly help you in your swap.
What year LT1, what year transmission, what year Chevy and model?

TBI front brackets on a LT1.. yes, if you are using the 70s years LT1.
Happy Motoring.
Thank you.
I bought engine a Chevy Impala LT1 from 1996. The engine is complete. And require rebuild. In nachestve fixing ancillaries, I plan to use the mount from Chevy Corvett.
As transmission I want to use the GM 4L80E and supplement it with a six-speed valve body and the control unit of the PCS.

All that I want to install a 1995 Chevy Van years.
Make new engine mounts and a new crosmember I can. Collect the right cooling system I can also.

But in order to build the correct 383 LT1 I should learn.

In this forum, I hope to find the right information and good advice from knowledgeable people.

I am grateful to all who help me in this. Once again I apologize for the fact that I often have to use a translator.

·
Registered
377 Posts
check Summit Racing - Performance Car and Truck Parts, Accessories and More! i believe will ship anywhere.
also JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket... me thinks.

also if indeed your are using the Astro, or whatever they call it over there, you will need motor mounts, or fabricate your own.

Motor mounts are here:
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_AstroVanV8_Mounts.html

Chevrolet once did put 350 in the ASTRO van.. yet they all got crushed, and never made it to the market. So yes it does fit. Supposedly there is one left up in the northern states, yet I don't know how he got it licensed.

again there are 2 chevy vans, one is called 'Mini-Van' (Astro) and the other is a full size...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
check Summit Racing - Performance Car and Truck Parts, Accessories and More! i believe will ship anywhere.
also JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket... me thinks.

also if indeed your are using the Astro, or whatever they call it over there, you will need motor mounts, or fabricate your own.

Motor mounts are here:
V8 Conversions, Astro Van V-8 Mounts, Astro Van V8 conversion, Stealth Conversions

Chevrolet once did put 350 in the ASTRO van.. yet they all got crushed, and never made it to the market. So yes it does fit. Supposedly there is one left up in the northern states, yet I don't know how he got it licensed.

again there are 2 chevy vans, one is called 'Mini-Van' (Astro) and the other is a full size...
My Chevy not Astro. My Chevy G Van. This is my Chevy.

It originally stood for 350 TBI engine. And it will not be difficult to replace him on LT1.
I can not understand at LT1 crankshaft such as a 350 Chevy? Or his own.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts