LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know I am supose to be the expert here but I know some of you have had more experiance with this than me. This car is killing me.

I have a night mare of a car it is a 383 built for boost with D1SC at 10-12lbs. The new GM crank pulley was keyed and installed. but everytiome it gets into boost hard it spits the pulley off the car. This time breaking the bolt in the snout of the crank. The car has barly seen 100miles with boost and I have replaced the crank bolt 3 times and even drilled and tapped it bigger and replaced the hub twice. I am my wits end with this car and need a solution to keep the pulley on the car. The car will be mean if we can keep the crank pulley from moving. It stayed together long enough at 6lbs to dyno tune it and it made 600rwtq. Any help would be great.

Thanks Guys
Nate

·
Registered
370 Posts
sorry bro i cant give you an answer but you might want to give the guys at Wheel 2 Wheel powertrain a shout. they seem to have this stuff down. they may be able to give you answer or solution.

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I think I found an answer ASSC has a billet hub hardened and keyed. It is not cheap but should be what we need.

Thanks Nate

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew I needed a hub but I could not find one for the life of me. I had one company that had one for the Impala SS but not an F-body one they were working on it but about 2 months out. Why an Impala and not an F-body is beond me. I had the factory hub keyed and that only worked for about 100 miles and it broke too. I can not wait to see this car go it is a nightmare.

Nate

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nate, one thought we had was to drill and pin the pulley to the crank, though that would be a real pain, effective but a pain. hope the billet hub works. keep us posted.

One plus is this thing should be a beast at 12psi :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been holding up fine since the pulley. The car is a beast but the stock hoses and blowoff valve of the ATI kit are keeping it from going over 9PSI but the car is a monster more power than this kid will ever need or use.

Nate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts