·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas Auto part Machine Differential Metal

Wood Material property Auto part Metal Machine

Wood Automotive exterior Rectangle Automotive tire Gas

Automotive tire Bumper Alloy wheel Rim Automotive design

I got a project with already installed carb and hei distributor. But never completed.
I got a fresh rebuilt LT1 that is bored .030 over and appears to be balanced and stroker pistons installed. Pulled a head to see pistons and appears stroker pistons installed. Motor is drilled at the crank, rods appear to be shaved, new cam, new heads. Only problem I have no info on any of it.
I'm a newbie to LT1!
Going to attach some pics of new motor for clarification.
The 4L60e is rebuilt with upgrades, I also have TCI Ez Tcu with TPS for it to install.
Help in clarification would be much Appreciated.
Need timing plug and Harmonic and flexplate yet figure out. I believe dampner is on back order, I believe I need 6.75"...
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Electronic instrument Audio equipment Font Material property Circle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
View attachment 32749
View attachment 32748
View attachment 32750
View attachment 32747
I got a project with already installed carb and hei distributor. But never completed.
I got a fresh rebuilt LT1 that is bored .030 over and appears to be balanced and stroker pistons installed. Pulled a head to see pistons and appears stroker pistons installed. Motor is drilled at the crank, rods appear to be shaved, new cam, new heads. Only problem I have no info on any of it.
I'm a newbie to LT1!
Going to attach some pics of new motor for clarification.
The 4L60e is rebuilt with upgrades, I also have TCI Ez Tcu with TPS for it to install.
Help in clarification would be much Appreciated.
Need timing plug and Harmonic and flexplate yet figure out. I believe dampner is on back order, I believe I need 6.75"...
I could use some knowledge from LT1 guys. Not sure if neutral flexplate or balanced is what I need.
I have read days worth on these lt1 platforms...
Please chime in, I'm not a novice wrencher, and I believe knowledge is Paramount!
Thanks
View attachment 32746
View attachment 32745

·
Global Moderator
13,678 Posts
The way to tell if lt1 has been converted to 383 is to measure the piston travel from tdc to bdc. If travel is 3.48" or there abouts, it's a 350.

If piston travel is in in the 3.65" to 3.75" range, then it would be a 383.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The way to tell if lt1 has been converted to 383 is to measure the piston travel from tdc to bdc. If travel is 3.48" or there abouts, it's a 350.

If piston travel is in in the 3.65" to 3.75" range, then it would be a 383.
Ok. This is a start. I appreciate that info. WILL GET BACK TO YA.
I also have no idea if this crank was balanced with fkexplate or not. I got mixed answers about to go neutral balance or weighted.
This is why I love these forums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stroke is 3.75"... Thanks for that. Im still unclear if I should use a weighted flexplate?
Not knowing if its balance with or without neutral flexplate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts