LS1LT1 Forum banner

LT1 Can you use a A4 tune on a M6 ECM?

Tags
1994 ecm lt1 pcm tcm
1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  DannyDrinan 
#1 ·
I have a 12pin OBD1 ALDL cable hooked to my 1994 z28 M6. I literally just today read my base tune and have been looking at it and comparing it to some other free tunes ive found around the web. I have Pace setter long tubes , 1.6 RR and a cold air intake so ive been looking for a tune that fits the description. found one literally just called 94 A4 (automatic) longtubes , 1.6rr. But im not sure if i can flash that tune on the car since the tune was done on a automatic, will it effect my manual trans vehicle. I have alot of options when i open the tune for all of the automatic transmission configs for both MY BASE M6 tune and the Longtube tune. what all would i need to disable to use this A4 tune or is it not possible? I have access to both tunercats and Tunerpro.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply! im actually using solomans website lol, but i found the answer to my own question, i just copied all of the tables i wanted (spark,maf) and pasted them into my current tune. However Now im getting 10 degrees of knock retard only at WOT , so im questioning whether im getting false knock or not. 3500-4500 rpm WOT 55mph-81mph a constant 8-10 degrees. Nothing down low, i havent tried a loaded low rpm yet.

#4 ·
Many people who do mods on a lt1 engine get knock retard. The old way of preventing this was to use a lt4 knock module. Unfortunately, your have more luck finding a living T-\Rex then a lt4 knock module.

Since full roller rockers make more noise, the standard lt1 knock module mistakes the noise for being knock. It then has pcm retard timing at higher rpm & throttle opening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.