LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 96 Lt1 engine out of a camaro that has headers and K&N air filter along with a 4l60e transmission. I am running a 95 computer and harness. Can someone please send me a .bin file that they have that will work to give me a baseline? I am struggling to get a good baseline. My rear axle ratio is 3.70. This setup is in a 56 chevy belair. I am using tunerpro. thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
So I opened that stock 95z file in CATS tuner and everything was zeros.... Not sure whats going on with it...

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
Try this one. It's from my 95 it's all factory except the fan turn on temps. A4 with 2.73 gears. If this one comes up 0's then your either doing something wrong or something wrong with tunercat.

I just installed tunercat on my home computer used the original bin file I posted. it works fine.

So, do you have the $EE definition file installed. It doesn't come with the demo version of tunercat.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yea I have the $EE file. I was playing with my car earlier today getting the gearing changed in the computer using tuner cat. So I know my program works just fine (and hey! My speedo finally is accurate in my car!!)

Huh, just opened both this new file and the original one and they both work... Dont know what I did wrong... I was trying to compare the first fie you posted to the Bin file I made from reading my car... each thing was coming up with zeros on your first file. Does that mean there are no differences?

I am attaching mine... any chance you can look through it and see if it is stock? the only changes I made are in the NOTES field under tools... and that was just setting my gears and Tire size, and disabling VATS...

My next goal is to figure out how to datalog this thing and find someone to look at that and tell me what I could tweak if anything..

Tip of the old Stetson...
Mike

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
I believe you hit the nail on the head there. When you compare 2 files in tunercat, it only displays the differences.

All you have to do to see if it's stock is to load both files and compare. If stock, you'll get mostly 0's like you got. I expect some differences like when one car might have 2.73 gears and the other 3.23 gears, different fan turn on temps, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts