LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have gotten a lot of information from this sight. I am building a 383 Stroker for my 94 camaro. This is my plan so help me if I am wrong on something.
Lloyd Elliott heads trick flow 23deg ported polished beehive springs all the stuff.
Forged Flat top pistons
After market rods
AOP Rod bolts
D1SC ProCharger 10-12lb boost
rear gears or still in the making?? 3?? or 4.10 as of now I am running 3.23 but got to go!
Yank 2800 stall
Injectors??
I know this is just the tip of the Iceburgh. My plan is to have a 7.50 1/8 mile and still drive the car to work or pick up kids from school. Thanks in advance for your help.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I've heard that the AI heads are better than the Lloyd trick flows. Just something to look into, but I know Lloyd have some amazing stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Xzauhst
I have looked at the heads. I cant find a flow chart on them. Also I have the cam picked out it will be a223int 235 ext 565 int 575 ext 114lsa 112 lsa
Along with the Procharger D1SC pushing 10 lb of boost. Other than that I have not come up with anything. Thanks for your input Xzauhst
I ran all the info I have by a racing buddy he told me the car should do better than 7.50
Also I have looked for a shop to help program the car and all I car find is Toyspeed out of Tulsa Oklahome. I cant find any reviews on them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That seems like a pretty small cam and torque converter for a 383 Stroker. If you go with LE heads you should just have him custom grind you a nice aggressive cam to match everything

·
Registered
138 Posts
You need to spend some money on the transmission, rear end, and suspension.

Stock transmission and rear end wont hold up to a 383 and boost. A lot of them dont hold up with the factory horsepower and sticky tires.

Still got
Lifters
Timing chain
Oil pump
Crankshaft
Arp main studs or splayed caps

Need to calculate your static compression made up by what heads, head gaskets, and pistons you use
Then take in consideration what your dynamic compression by the cam you choose

Since you want boost you dont want a high high static ompression motor. And you dont want a large drop in dynamic compression. From what Ive read boosted motors dont like a lot of valve overlap. Thats my understanding about boosted motors and large cam. Someone may stop in and correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FastLT1 I was thinking the same on the stall. When I talked to the guy at Elliot on the cam that is the one he prefered me to. I am going to do some more looking on the stall for sure!
Abrown2006 I have the trans in check. When it blew a few weeks ago I had the shop build a really good one. It still is a 4L60E but the shop guaranteed it to hold 750 rwhp. I have to say the hold their word cause something went wrong the first week and no questions ask it was rebuilt with no charge. Thanks S&S trans out of longview Tx. Also on the rear-end I have a 9" on standby for when it fold on me. The car also is going to have subframe connectors with a few other mods. Crank comes with the 383 kit that I have in mind.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If youre going all out don't skimp on a stall.
Even for a LT1's lower torque curve, I would consider a 3200 or so stall.

The everyday drive-ability difference from a 2800 to a 3600 isn't much from what I have heard.
(a tranny cooler is a great mod to go with a new stall as well)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
That seems like a pretty small cam and torque converter for a 383 Stroker......
With a blown 383.....you don't need (or want) a lot of cam or stall. The supercharger EASILY compensates.

IMHO......the listed parts are good-to-go!

KW

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
.......The everyday drive-ability difference from a 2800 to a 3600 isn't much from what I have heard........
I just removed and sold my 3600 stall Yank and reinstalled my 3000 stall Yank.

Jus' sayin'......

KW

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all I will also check out PTC. I have learned dish pistons are better than flat top. Correct me if I am wrong. Also I have Dual 3" exhaust already on the Z. I think that will give it enought flow. I have not decided on the injectiors. I know stock just is not going to cut it. I also dont know if I should get 5-1/2 rods or ?? Lower compression is better from what I have gathered. I do have a ext trans cooler. I made that step when the trans burnt up and went back to shop. I don't know the size but its BIG lol thanks again

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
What in the world made you do that? :lol: ......
The 3000 stall feels WAAAAY better than the 3600 stall driving in town. And yes.....the difference is/was significant.

KW

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I take it they were not the same line of converters yank offers?
AFAIK, none of the 3600 stall Yanks have a 3000 stall in the same line.

The 3600 stall was a SS series; the 3000 stall is a Thruster.

KW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts