LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im currently tryin to drop an lq9 and t56 in my 95 formula..... very expensive as most know..... now my 92 s10 is a sweet ride but i noticed the lack of nut the 2.8 v6 puts out.... kinda wanted a 4.3 but then found out, everyone is getting way better mileage with a 4.8 or 5.3 swap over the 4.3 motor..... sounds fun power and mileage..... the 2.8 gets 18-20. the 4.3 i had got 15-18. my buddies halfton automatic 4x4 get 17-18 with the 4.8..... i wanna go 4.8 or 5.3..... theyre cheaper than a good 4.3 and put down more power....

now the question is, can i find a cheap manual transmission that bolts up to the 4.8 and will handle the tq? i cant afford another t56......

did the offer a 5 speed option for the v8 halftons or just the 4.3s?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
They did offer a manual for early GMT800's. But they are hard to find. A T5 would get shredded in no time behind any gen 3 motor. I say spend the money and get the t56. It's stronger and has a hell of a dual over drive (0.50:1) for gas mileage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill agree with you there. but that what im waitin on for my 6.0 swap, i figured for the price of the t56 i can swap my entire truck over to lsx and get rocks off with that. the bird still will need the wiring harness customized to adapt to my lt1 cluster to which i believe will be mad expensive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts