LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was hoping for some much needed help. My buddy is looking at a 95 t/a and the guy who owns it says its a completly stock car with 140kms on it with an Ls2 engine, and it runs 12.60's in the 1/4. Is this guy stupid and dont know what engine is in his car.. and will the ls2's even fit in the engine bay of a 95 t/a. I thought that the 93-97's came with an lt1. My formula has an lt1 auto with 81,000kms and pulls like a new one so my friend is envious and wants one :lol:,, anyways thanks for the help and hopefully i can help my friend.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Its possible to get an ls2 crate and set it in a lt1 body style. More than likely the guy selling is full of complete shit but ya never know. He could have just liked the lt1 body style better but wanted the new gen engine.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Odd are the guy just doesn't know what he's talking about. Don't let somebody else's BS shake your confidence in what you know to be true.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
LS2's will fit with no problem in 93+ 4th Gens. If you can get the # off of the block, that'd help I can tell you what motor it has. And second, what color is the intake? An LS1/LS6 in black and rough. An LS2 intake is a dark grey or black, but smoother.

LS1:

LS2:

Intake Differences: LS1/6 on the left, LS2 on the right

NOtice the LS2 used 4 bolts to hold the TB on.

·
Registered
482 Posts
94formula said:
hey guys, i was hoping for some much needed help. My buddy is looking at a 95 t/a and the guy who owns it says its a completly stock car with 140kms on it with an Ls2 engine, and it runs 12.60's in the 1/4. Is this guy stupid and dont know what engine is in his car.. and will the ls2's even fit in the engine bay of a 95 t/a. I thought that the 93-97's came with an lt1. My formula has an lt1 auto with 81,000kms and pulls like a new one so my friend is envious and wants one :lol:,, anyways thanks for the help and hopefully i can help my friend.
He would have had to install it himself or buy it with an LS2 swapped in (which would likely command a hefty premium over a 140km LT1). I think that the LS2 is a new enough motor that the owner would know with certainty and wouldn't call the car stock.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How many Cubic Inches is the LS2?, there already jammin the Ls/lt
s in. It might be possible, but count on some chopping

·
Supporting Member
811 Posts
I do believe that the LS2 is 365 cubic inches.

·
Registered
42 Posts
topendlt1 said:
How many Cubic Inches is the LS2?, there already jammin the Ls/lt
s in. It might be possible, but count on some chopping
Its outside dimensions are really no different than an LS1

·
Registered
52 Posts
baddogz28 said:
Cool... This site is growing at a pretty decent clip.
:rockon:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts