LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all,

I am posting here in hopes of getting some positive feedback pertaining to the well known LS1 starter housing breaking and the outboard block boss location snapping off. This issue is common and instead of replacing your block if it does happen or to prevent it from happening I have made a prototype braces This all came to be when I heard about a younger Marine being charged $7,000+ to remove his block and properly weld the mount back on without guarantee or even replacing his engine. Well the solution is a brace. I have made a prototype tonight with the help of my buddy and I will be test fitting it tomorrow to make proper adjustments to design and fit. If I get enough interest on this and your fair and honest opinion on what it should costs and or what you are willing to pay I will run this by my friend and if I can do it cheaper than you want I will let you know. I think this is a worthwhile expenditure if not for added insurance atleast for piece of mind. Please let me know your thoughts and please be brutally honest. Thank you for your time.:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts