LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Camaro Z28 it's a t56 with pacesetter long tube headers. So the situation is I just got my 9 inch with all my rear suspension parts I'm going to be installing. I have been really considering going ls swap in this car but I also considered building my LT1. I know either way there's going to be a lot of money involved and that isn't my concern. Pretty much this car is a weekend car on the streets and I'm going to be competing alot on the strip. Let me know your opinions thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 96 Camaro Z28 it's a t56 with pacesetter long tube headers. So the situation is I just got my 9 inch with all my rear suspension parts I'm going to be installing. I have been really considering going ls swap in this car but I also considered building my LT1. I know either way there's going to be a lot of money involved and that isn't my concern. Pretty much this car is a weekend car on the streets and I'm going to be competing alot on the strip. Let me know your opinions thanks.
When I was making this decision, I looked at 12 Bolt's, 9" and the Strange Dana 60. Bought the Dana with a spool. that gives you pro axles for free. Ordered it with Chevy bolt pattern on the wheel lugs. My stock brakes and everything else went right on. Very easy. I ordered mine with 4.30 gears. My car has an almost stock LT1, has a Lunati cam, Pacesetter long tube headers, stock short block has a TH400 w/ brake. Runs low 12's, my best is 12.17. Nothing to write home about but it's a fun car. Back to the 9" Ford, it's definitely a lot easier to change the gear ratio and it's lighter than a Dana 60. When I did it the 12 bolt was the only one that allowed the anti-lock brake tone ring.

Al in Tucson

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I was making this decision, I looked at 12 Bolt's, 9" and the Strange Dana 60. Bought the Dana with a spool. that gives you pro axles for free. Ordered it with Chevy bolt pattern on the wheel lugs. My stock brakes and everything else went right on. Very easy. I ordered mine with 4.30 gears. My car has an almost stock LT1, has a Lunati cam, Pacesetter long tube headers, stock short block has a TH400 w/ brake. Runs low 12's, my best is 12.17. Nothing to write home about but it's a fun car. Back to the 9" Ford, it's definitely a lot easier to change the gear ratio and it's lighter than a Dana 60. When I did it the 12 bolt was the only one that allowed the anti-lock brake tone ring.

Al in Tucson
Thanks for the info I honestly think I'm just going to stick with the lt1. I know LS is a very good platform but I think with a 24x conversion that'll help with tuning.Its definitely a big decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts