LS1LT1 Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1994 camaro z28 convertible lt1 90k original miles
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Yeah that is the screen shot function of the oscilloscope, it displays that reading in the status bar which I guess isn't shown that way, but it will record the test if I hit the right button and hopefully will show voltage in that form on here. I will do the test again since I need to test the high res signal still and I will try to capture the test in a different way so it will hopefully show more info. Its pretty easy to do and I learn more about the scope every time I use it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
ok thanks I appreciate the input, I have been way to busy lately but I will get those tests done this weekend one way or another. Then I can hopefully get to fixing rather than testing for a change.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I tetested the low res wire from the opti and the high res as well now and from what I see they both look like they should, so more than likely my problem is somewhere else and it seems like its wiring or a sensor but I am at a complete loss of ideas at this point. I also could not find a way to make the scope display the volts that it was reading for either of the tests I did and not for a lack of trying. I need to mess around more with the software and see if I cant figure that part out but the square waves look like they should from what I can tell anyway. I think its odd that it doesn't display the volts right on the screen of the oscilloscope.

·
Super Moderator
57 Posts
I tetested the low res wire from the opti and the high res as well now and from what I see they both look like they should, so more than likely my problem is somewhere else and it seems like its wiring or a sensor but I am at a complete loss of ideas at this point. I also could not find a way to make the scope display the volts that it was reading for either of the tests I did and not for a lack of trying. I need to mess around more with the software and see if I cant figure that part out but the square waves look like they should from what I can tell anyway. I think its odd that it doesn't display the volts right on the screen of the oscilloscope.
Scopes display volts like this. Somewhere you should see "Volts per division" for the channel you're using. Lets say, 1 Volt per division. 5 Volts would be 5 horizontal divisions. The divisions are faint horizontal lines. Another channel will use the same divisions, but can be different Volts per division. Most modern digital scopes will display the voltages, but the displayed voltage could be wrong. You still need to look at the divisions.

Al in Tucson

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
ok thank you for that explanation because I am pretty sure I know how to change those settings it was just knowing what to change and with that I should be able to figure it out. Sorry I have been really busy and I finally have some time to mess with it again now and see what it says.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts