LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 TA with a 396 stroker kit. The car has run it's best pass of [email protected] at Milan Dragway on Oct 27th. The car still has stock LT1 heads(unported) with 2.00/1.600 valves, and intake with a 52mm throttle body. This pass was made on 150 shot of nitrous. All motor it runs [email protected] It has a 4L60E tranny, Moser 12-bolt w/3.73 gears, and running M/T ET Streets. Next year i'm looking for 10's with ported heads and intake.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What cam and why in the WORLD are you running a 396 with unported LT1 castings???

·
Registered
330 Posts
BRUTL TA said:
The heads must have some work done to them in order the larger valves.
I think just a valve job would take care of that. A 2.00/1.56 goes right in without issues with seating properly on the stock LT1 valve seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using a CompCam 305 camshaft, .510/.510 lift, 220/230 duration @ .050, and with 1.6 roller rockers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm running unported heads to test their limits. Besides, people told me the car wouldn't run that fast. I guess I proved them wrong. Next year I'll have my new ported heads and a better cam. I'm going on the Power Tour again in 2006 and have some fun on the highway and at the track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts