LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am looking into a loud exhaust system and i have been considering slp loudmouth, now is this as loud as they make it seem like? i am used to a 57 chevy with a 350 pushing 428 hp with headers to side exit and thats the sound i am going for. slp loudmoth loud? or not? hp gains?

·
Registered
612 Posts
SLP Loudmouth sounds so sweet with stock manifolds and cats. what the cars should sound like. with headers, it sounds like absolute ass. i have yet to hear anybody say they like the sound of LTs with loudmouth. much better options out there if you are gettin headers at any time

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i had stock manifolds/cats, with a LM, sounded awsome, i loved it, it was loud to the point that i could hear it standing at the end of the driveway( which is about two F-body lenths long), crusing down the road it made noise, enough to turn heads and if you were easy on it the cops really didnt bother you, now if you get on it, people can hear you two blocks away and when the cop pulls you over, hes gonna say its "ungodly loud", well thats what he said to me

now if you gonna go with headers, might i suggest my current set-up, True Duals, very deep sounding and loud at all RPMs, even when im trying to be quiet its very hard, sounds beautiful, the way a muscle car should sound like

if you want to stick with the Y-pipe set-up id say to go GMMG, sounds great with or with out headers

·
Registered
3,943 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have slp loudmouth now and on my lt1 its loud. On a cold start its even louder and no matter cold or running normal temp you stand on it you can hear it a long way off. However, i have hooker lt's and ory going on. Should pick it up today, so i will give you firsthand info on the lt's and loudmouth myth.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
1970judge said:
I have slp loudmouth now and on my lt1 its loud. On a cold start its even louder and no matter cold or running normal temp you stand on it you can hear it a long way off. However, i have hooker lt's and ory going on. Should pick it up today, so i will give you firsthand info on the lt's and loudmouth myth.

Any exhaust is going to be louder on a cold start. Especially if it's actually cold outside as well.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Well i got my car back today and i must say im very pleased. It was the sound i was going for. UNGODLY loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts