LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wha..?? out of nowhere the idle went from 850 - to 650rpm. Yes the gas is 2+ yrs old, yes its been sitting up on jack stands, I had run it for 1/2 hr at least once a month, usually more often.

I have a OBD1 scan reader as well as a list of the accepted min"s + max"s, from S&P sheets.
I'm not sure there ever were any codes for this problem set and now the exhausts are off to modify them better.
I'm kinda screwed at the moment aren't I? Maybe I'll just drain the gas. In my condition I can't really do the bending and over-extension required of the exhaust header work anymore.

The motor is in a rebuilt 57 Chevy 4drht, no a/c, 4L60e car. Frame off, disc/drum. No p/s or a/c, metal line plumbed fuel line, new tank etc. All soldered electric connections on AAW, solid. 15k on the speedo. nice car. Motor's stock, out of a corner hit 97 IROC. If you know someone who wants one....safe, fast, fun. not running.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I always thought the irocks should keep going into 90s and beyond lol
I wish the louvers were bigger to fit in the slots on my 97 hood ha ha

·
Global Moderator
13,611 Posts
Because car has sat with same gas in the tank for 2 + years, I believe your problem is caused by gunk in gas tank clogging fuel pump pickup tube sock filter, regular gas filter, & possibly the fuel injectors them selves.

Rule of thumb on cars that have sat for a year or more, is to drawn old gas from tank and refill with new gas before running engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts