LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title of the post says, I'm looking for aftermarket upgrade/ performance heads. Its not my first rodeo, I have had 3 other Camaros and a previous LT1 Camaro for 8 years!

I'm ideally looking for Lloyd Elliot stage 1. yes that's correct you heard me right, even though everyone seems to have wanted stage 2 le heads, and AFR 195s... I'm looking for something a little more conservative that flows around max cfms of 250 to 275 cfms at around .500 to .600 max lift.

so:

*** Lloyd Elliot stage 1 heads,
*** Trickflow 185s
*** AFR 185s
*** possibly stock heads that have been ported and polished with documented flow numbers verified (same exact thing that Lloyd Elliot heads are just not Lloyd Elliot heads)
*** Golen Engine service CNC ported stock heads

Etc...

I just bought a 1996 LT1 T-top 6 speed manual car and its bone stock. I just wanna hit a modest 400 to 450 hp.

The problem with AFR195s and le stage 2s is they put bigger valve diameters in and enlarge the runner size and I'm not boring the motor out or stroking it so I want low RPM air velocity signal to remain strong.

Thanks/ Cheers!

Alex

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump ? im a legit person, sorry I literally just created this profile but ive been on this forum for at least 10 years under a different user name and forgot my old email password thats how long Ive been on here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As the title of the post says, I'm looking for aftermarket upgrade/ performance heads. Its not my first rodeo, I have had 3 other Camaros and a previous LT1 Camaro for 8 years!

I'm ideally looking for Lloyd Elliot stage 1. yes that's correct you heard me right, even though everyone seems to have wanted stage 2 le heads, and AFR 195s... I'm looking for something a little more conservative that flows around max cfms of 250 to 275 cfms at around .500 to .600 max lift.

so:

*** Trickflow 185s
*** AFR 185s
*** possibly stock heads that have been ported and polished with documented flow numbers verified (same exact thing that Lloyd Elliot heads are just not Lloyd Elliot heads)

Etc...

I just bought a 1996 LT1 T-top 6 speed manual car and its bone stock. I just wanna hit a modest 400 to 450 hp.

The problem with AFR195s and le stage 2s is they put bigger valve diameters in and enlarge the runner size and I'm not boring the motor out or stroking it so I want low RPM air velocity signal to remain strong.

Thanks/ Cheers!

Alex

so:

*** Trickflow 185s
*** AFR 185s

Etc...

Thanks/ Cheers!

Alex
Are you still looking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts