LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, couldn't find much help elsewhere, is there a full kit that comes with absolutely everything? Is the LT1 harness adaptable to the conversion? Can the throttle body be re-used or does it have to change? What coils are best for the conversion? I'm really in the dark about this whole thing so ANY info at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Global Moderator
13,147 Posts
Have you been to the 24x website? They do sell everything you need. It's not exactly a kit, but they give you the option of buying everything needed if you look around.

HOWEVER, if you buy everything you need from them, expect to pay about $2400 for the works.

Many people buy just the front timing cover and sensor.About $650. They then source their ls1 pcm,lt1 wire harness, coil packs, make the holders for the coil packs. They also rewire the LT1 engine wire harness to make it work with system.

This saves quite a bit of money.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
Edited it for you Rob ;)

As pointed out, if you want a complete plug and play system, down to the coil packs, PCM and mounting... you will be paying for it. That being said, their harness work is a piece of art, really something that makes the price seem worth it. Everything labeled, everything properly loomed etc, its very nice.

Otherwise, you can take the DIY road, which final product will depend completely on how much time you want to put into it and of course what you are starting with. I sourced my own coils, PCM, and redid my LT1 harness. Bought the crank reluctor, DIY harness kit, and cam sensor from them. It was a lot of work, and no guarantee you didn't mess up :lol: but I wanted my engine bay a specific way so this was the only means to getting there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edited it for you Rob ;)

As pointed out, if you want a complete plug and play system, down to the coil packs, PCM and mounting... you will be paying for it. That being said, their harness work is a piece of art, really something that makes the price seem worth it. Everything labeled, everything properly loomed etc, its very nice.

Otherwise, you can take the DIY road, which final product will depend completely on how much time you want to put into it and of course what you are starting with. I sourced my own coils, PCM, and redid my LT1 harness. Bought the crank reluctor, DIY harness kit, and cam sensor from them. It was a lot of work, and no guarantee you didn't mess up :lol: but I wanted my engine bay a specific way so this was the only means to getting there.
Does the LS1 harness just completely replace the LT1 harness or is there some modification to the LS1 as well?

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There is no LS1 harness needed or in this topic what so ever.

You modify a LT1 harness to be pinned to an LS1 PCM.

Could you redo an LS1 harness to work? I would assume so, but have no idea on that.
Oh I understand now. So what they sell is a repinned LT harness, which you did yourself? I think I get it now. Wiring is not my forté.

Could someone who's not a fan of wiring but has moderate knowledge of it accomplish this?

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No no, EFIconnection sells a brand new, custom made harness for your specific application. So it is entirely made of new wire, new harness ends etc.

The DIY approach reworks an old LT1 harness to be used with an LS1 PCM.
Ahh I see now. Making sense now. This definitely sounds like something I should do. Thank you for all the help, if I get any farther along and have a question expect me to bother everyone again haha. Thanks again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Roughly speaking, from 24x, $375.. the DIY harness was $100, reluctor was $150, and vortec dizzy for cam signal was $125..

I sourced everything else on my own.
OOI re. the vortec dizzy ... Is this used instead of the later LT1 timing cover with crank sensor & reluctor behind it, or have i got that wrong.

Mitch

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually is a re pin of the connectors for the PCM. Swap a few interior pins and plugs Swap some injector pins And add in the cam and crank wires and plugs Add in the coil harnesses. It's barely considered wiring. Lol Just be neat about it. I have every diagram and pin out needed. If you tell me how to post pictures and be patient I'll start a thread. In my swap and others I've read of if you have a 95 or under trans you need to change numerous internal parts mine has been a battle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since you run the dizzy thru the intake do you eat up drive gears like when it had a stub shaft drive??? I'm sooooo over stripping the drive gear. I figured if I drilled the intake and ran a distributor shaft down thru it might keep from lifting and stripping them out every 5,000 miles I keep a spare in the trunk and some wrenches. No joke.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts