LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my fuel regulator to clean the old varnish and polish aluminum..... ooof.... now I'm very concerned that I will not be able to get it back together

I have found that the o-rings are not typical and I am tying to source them. I have looked at old threads regarding this subject and have only found dated links to discontinued parts. I have a lot of o-rings but nothing that fits quite right. close but not thick enough. I purchased a universal fuel rail and injector o-rings and it did not contain the o-rings necessary for the regulator or pipes and the injector o-rings were a little thinner than stock.

I am really concerned that I will end up leaking if the o-rings aren't the right size.

I am also curious if the o-rings and seating surface need to be lubricated before installing them.

side note.. starter fluid seems pretty good at dissolving varnish. I sprayed inside the rails and pipes where I could get to them and it cleared the varnish easily.

I am considering replacing the regulator just in case it needs it but dammm they cost a grip. 96 bucks to replace it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just spoke to my o-ring guy in town. He says i have the correct rings, they just seem wider because they become D shaped over time but that i need viton-f material. Since i am unsure what material i have i am going to look for new ones.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.K... say a prayer. I went ahead and put the fuel rails together with standard o-rings. I put a tad of oil on and they went in really easy... hopefully not too easy:-( I installed Accel 30# injectors. Hopefully the seals hold and all is well. It looks good. hope I dont fireball it...

20210608_185754.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if anybody has any thoughts on this, since i replaced with best fitting regular brown nitrile "metric" o rings on the crossover and same for fuel regulator... if it doesnt leak immediately, will it last? Or will i risk a hwy fireball indefinately? The fuel system Scares me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts