LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I’ve got a 1996 WS6 Trans Am with a T56 and the ten bolt rear end I have has 4:10 rear end gears in it, I noticed a howling sound coming from the rear diff a while ago, I rebuilt the Carrier with all new bearings and set it up.
my passenger side axle is shot and needs replaced. Anyone have a stock ten bolt axle they are willing to part with on the cheap?
I can buy a new one for $128 with rock auto, but still have to pay to ship. I live in Warrensburg, Mo. but work in the Kansas City area. So I can drive a reasonable distance (within reason anyway) so, if anyone can help a brother out, I’d appreciate it!
Thanks!
Ben Smith

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all! I’ve got a 1996 WS6 Trans Am with a T56 and the ten bolt rear end I have has 4:10 rear end gears in it, I noticed a howling sound coming from the rear diff a while ago, I rebuilt the Carrier with all new bearings and set it up.
my passenger side axle is shot and needs replaced. Anyone have a stock ten bolt axle they are willing to part with on the cheap?
I can buy a new one for $128 with rock auto, but still have to pay to ship. I live in Warrensburg, Mo. but work in the Kansas City area. So I can drive a reasonable distance (within reason anyway) so, if anyone can help a brother out, I’d appreciate it!
Thanks!
Ben Smith
Found a four channel 3.42 posi rear end complete for $150.00 !!!!!! Hell yeah!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts