LS1LT1 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Data log after injector change

Okay I ended up not switching left and right I put my old injectors back in looks like it did help but don't think it totally solved the problem still left side is running around 137.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
That is interesting!! Going to switch them around and see what happens.
If you do it one at a time, it'll take longer, but you will find which injector isn't working as soon as the problem moves.

Good catch Gary Doug!:LS1LT1flag:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Okay I ended up not switching left and right I put my old injectors back in looks like it did help but don't think it totally solved the problem still left side is running around 137.
Much better. It's still adding to the left but only really at idle (fuel trim cell -aka BLM cell- 16), BLM cell 18 is perfect, and cell 17 is close. You seem to have a BLM split at idle. What mods do you have?

I wouldn't worry too much about this trim as it's within correctable limits of the ECM. But I am interested to see what mods you have done in comparison to you data logs.

Also a data log while driving will give a better picture here. This one only shows 3 of your 19 BLM cells. Cell 17 (???) is creeping up over the run towards cell 16 (idle) numbers, and I'm wondering if the rest of the cells would do the same. Each cell takes time within the cell to adjust the BLM trims so a good long drive is needed to get good data in.

Ideally you want to try and cover all kPa at all RPM's, which is difficult; especially without breaking any speeding laws, this is where dyno's really pay. And it's unrealistic for a daily driver IMO. Although I did go through the hassle of logging a lot of time in most cells for my tuning. That took me over a week to do.

Some cells you'll never see, like cell 0. So Just drive it like you would normally, if you flog on it occasionally you'd want to do that in the data log to get that data recorded.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I don't think there has been any mods everything appears to be stock. I will take it out for a drive and do a data log see what that looks like. I took it out yesterday for a good long drive after the injector change it runs really good!! Another thing I noticed was it did have a loud lifter tap that has also gotten better. What you guys do to help on here is awesome thanks again I really do appreciate it!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Lifter tap??? That was the next thing I was going to suggest: Remove the left valve cover and check for a collapsed lifter or bent/sticking valve. That's another way a cylinder would drop output.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Lifter tap??? That was the next thing I was going to suggest: Remove the left valve cover and check for a collapsed lifter or bent/sticking valve. That's another way a cylinder would drop output.
That was the first thing I checked when I first started having the issue. I pulled the cover all seemed to be good,rockers were all moving as they should none were loose and all were oiling good.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I don't think there has been any mods everything appears to be stock. I will take it out for a drive and do a data log see what that looks like. I took it out yesterday for a good long drive after the injector change it runs really good!! Another thing I noticed was it did have a loud lifter tap that has also gotten better. What you guys do to help on here is awesome thanks again I really do appreciate it!!
I lost an injector once at the drag strip right at launch, I lost .7 seconds and 7 mph. Me being a crappy driver I ignored ET and looked at trap, that's a 65 horsepower drop in power from 1 cylinder! That's about a 20% drop in RWHP. This was at 6000+DA, at sea level it would be worse.

It makes a big difference.

Any updates in the driving datalog?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Just throwing this out.. a non firing cylinder (rotor,wire,plug,fuel or mechanical) reads as lean and will cause a 20% lean reading on that bank. PCM tries to correct and both bank BLM's start to look crappy reading lean when actually running rich.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
New data log

Went on a 150 mile trip over the weekend about 50 miles in started running like crap again has a stumble and loss of power. Also noticed a vibration in the engine when the fuel trim cell numbers go down and the CCP DC goes up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I lost an injector once at the drag strip right at launch, I lost .7 seconds and 7 mph. Me being a crappy driver I ignored ET and looked at trap, that's a 65 horsepower drop in power from 1 cylinder! That's about a 20% drop in RWHP. This was at 6000+DA, at sea level it would be worse.

It makes a big difference.

Any updates in the driving datalog?
Didn't have a chance to do a driving log was going to do that but, now it is running really bad again. I did another log checked for codes the only code I got is 15. Fuel trim on that left side stayed at about 141. The fuel trim cell number would go down and then CCP DC would go up and the engine gets a bad vibration. I posted the new data log above.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Didn't have a chance to do a driving log was going to do that but, now it is running really bad again. I did another log checked for codes the only code I got is 15. Fuel trim on that left side stayed at about 141. The fuel trim cell number would go down and then CCP DC would go up and the engine gets a bad vibration. I posted the new data log above.
Interesting, I'm wondering if Steveo or Shoebox has some experience with this? Not sure why the charcoal canister purge would cause a stumble condition.

DTC 15 is coolant temp low. I'm seeing your coolant temps at about 165°F, which is low especially after 5 minutes of revving and idling in 90°F weather.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
Not sure why the charcoal canister purge would cause a stumble condition.
when the CCP is active controls whether block learn mode is active in the regular 'grid' 0-15 cells, or 16-18. if there was bad data in the main blm cells (from assbackwards trims), when the ccp kicked in it would switch to that cell afr would go wacky and cause stumbing.

either that or the vac line after the ccp solenoid is unplugged, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
when the CCP is active controls whether block learn mode is active in the regular 'grid' 0-15 cells, or 16-18. if there was bad data in the main blm cells (from assbackwards trims), when the ccp kicked in it would switch to that cell afr would go wacky and cause stumbing.

either that or the vac line after the ccp solenoid is unplugged, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference.
Thanks for your reply! So first thing check the vacuum anything else I should check that you can think of?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

Is it possible that the blm trims are pulling fueling because it's expecting the charcoal canister to provide additional fuel. And maybe the charcoal canister isn't because it's not hooked up or its blocked? This is just a wild guess honestly. I'm still learning too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Driving data log.

Well I put the hose back on still runs the same still no power,stumbles and will idle all the way down and stop running. Here is the log while driving. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well I put the hose back on still runs the same still no power,stumbles and will idle all the way down and stop running. Here is the log while driving. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!!!!
Looks like only BLM cell 6 has some trimming going on, nothing I would concern my self over.

You seem to be loosing your coolant temp (it shows -40°C/F at 555 seconds of the data log) signal, possibly a bad connection or bad sensor. 100,700Ω would show -40°C, 177Ω would show 100°C., thanks Shoebox!!

That could be having an effect on timing and fueling, possibly enough to cause it to stumble??

Not sure as I'd think the DTC code would force the ECM to ignore it??

Your cooling fans are coming on, so at least we know the car shouldn't over heat. But, it seems you at least need to find out why the coolant temps read so sporadically (-40°C one second then 86°C the next).

I'd hate to say Opti, but if fixing the signal to the Temp sensor (the one on the water pump) doesn't do the trick, your symptoms are similar to when my Opti got coated with oil.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Looks like only BLM cell 6 has some trimming going on, nothing I would concern my self over.

You seem to be loosing your coolant temp (it shows -40°C/F at 555 seconds of the data log) signal, possibly a bad connection or bad sensor. 100,700Ω would show -40°C, 177Ω would show 100°C., thanks Shoebox!!

That could be having an effect on timing and fueling, possibly enough to cause it to stumble??

Not sure as I'd think the DTC code would force the ECM to ignore it??

Your cooling fans are coming on, so at least we know the car shouldn't over heat. But, it seems you at least need to find out why the coolant temps read so sporadically (-40°C one second then 86°C the next).

I'd hate to say Opti, but if fixing the signal to the Temp sensor (the one on the water pump) doesn't do the trick, your symptoms are similar to when my Opti got coated with oil.
The temp sensor is new but I will check the wire connection. The opti is new but you think it may have a oil leak that has coated it? Sucks it ran really good after I cut the cat off. This is one thing I noticed is this a problem (Bit# 5: Injector Fault Detected This Run Cycle) this is in the engine status bits.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts