LS1LT1 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No problem that's what we are all here for, enjoy your night. Beer sounds like a great idea! :cheers:

Post it up when you get a chance. You'll want to take it on a good long drive to let the BLM's readjust properly. But, do keep an eye on those BLM's to make sure they are coming down to normal.

Yeah, those band clamps are the best exhaust invention ever.
Took it out drove around for about an hour she runs good no hesitation has all her power back. Also as you could see in the first data log it was running around 220 on temp never got over 190 today. I did notice I have a small leak on a fuel injector on left side I will put in a new seal in see if that fixes that issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
New pipe installed ran new data log

Got the new pipe installed runs very good in closed loop. In open loop when I first start it has a small hesitation soon as temp comes up goes away. It does still smell as it is running a little rich so I did another data log. Please look it over and let me know what you think. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You're still dumping fuel in the drivers cylinder bank. It is maxed out in all BLM cells for adding fuel. With the cat off it will smell richer, but you are overly rich. By a lot. You are also rich in other BLM cells for the passenger cylinder bank too, but that is likely due to tuning needs.

Do you have an exhaust leak? Like a popping noise under the hood/cabin?

Also, what mods have you done to the car? TB bypass? Air Foil? Cat back? CAI? etc.?

Your log shows either a bad Drivers O2 sensor, injectors not flowing, or an exhaust leak near the drivers O2 sensor. But, you have no codes for O2 or injectors so I'm leaning to exhaust leak??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't have a noticeable leak but I will check it out good. I installed a new exhaust manifold gasket and flange gasket on the drivers side just before the issue with the converter. I don't think there has been any mods it appears to be bone stock.

·
Registered
772 Posts
An O2 sensor wouldn't cause a code if it were just skewed lean or rich as long as it is still usable. The short term counts seem to be adjusting fine, rarely going over 130.
Also, the injector codes are for electrical only, not mechanical. Could be stuck open or closed and never set a code.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If no exhaust leak, then it's likely as Gary Doug says, either an injector or O2 problem.

Because it's adding fuel, it would be a non-working injector. I'd pull the rail and makes sure they all spray. If they do, then try replacing the O2 sensor, if not replace or clean injectors that don't spray.

It might be worth cleaning all the injectors anyway even if they do spray.

On a side note: because you still have the AIR pump it could be pulling air in through that system into the drivers exhaust manifold. Because your cat was clogged it is possible that the exhaust pressure damaged part of the AIR system causing it to let air in when it's not supposed to. When I deleted my Cat, I also ditched the AIR pump too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Checked the exhaust out today couldn't find any leaks. I have a new Bosch o2 sensor and I know some people say they are junk but could I use it to just see if it helps? Also what is the best way to go about checking the injectors?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Checked the exhaust out today couldn't find any leaks. I have a new Bosch o2 sensor and I know some people say they are junk but could I use it to just see if it helps? Also what is the best way to go about checking the injectors?
You can try the other O2 and see if that works. Or swap O2s from left to right and see if the issue moves or not.

Your injectors are working electrically, otherwise you'll get a DTC code. You can try this; pull fuel rail, prime fuel pump, activate each injector with a direct 12v source. If they spray they work correctly. If not replace or repair.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I had an O2 go out on left side, switching around 300-400 Mv (lean reading) instead of 100-900 Mv. PCM kept adding fuel, no DTC's, BLM's up high, car ran like crap, hesitation, etc. Our OBD1 PMC's are very weak when it comes to monitoring correct O2 operation. They do very little testing compared to the modern [email protected] testing.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had an O2 go out on left side, switching around 300-400 Mv (lean reading) instead of 100-900 Mv. PCM kept adding fuel, no DTC's, BLM's up high, car ran like crap, hesitation, etc. Our OBD1 PMC's are very weak when it comes to monitoring correct O2 operation. They do very little testing compared to the modern [email protected] testing.
I agree. But looking at his data log shows full mv range on both O2's.

It can still be an O2 issue, there's one way to find out. Swap O2's from left to right and see if the problem swaps with it or stays where it was. If it moves its an O2 issue.

If not, check that injectors are actually flowing by priming the fuel system and actuating the injectors with battery power. If fuel does not flow from injector replace or repair injector(s).

If all injectors flow, check again for exhaust leaks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I installed a new Bosch o2 tonight also Tried to switch the left and right but couldn't get the right side out. I will post a new data log tomorrow after the o2 change. Thanks for all your guys help!!!! I have really learned a lot from this forum!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Data log after O2 change

Changed the left O2 and unhooked the battery over night to reset. When I first started this morning it ran like crap missing Service Engine light came on hesitation when i got on the throttle. It cleared up in just a few seconds the light went out seem to run the best today it has yet!! Here is the data log I do see now I have a code 15. Again thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Try this again.
Nope still the same. Have you checked the injectors?

You want the BLM's to read 128. See pic below. I circled the 160 which is you left BLM, the right BLM is at 128 as it should be. 160 is maxxed out for adding fuel. Anything over 128 is adding fuel and anything less than 128 is removing fuel. When the vehicle is adding fuel (more than 128 BLM's) before you go WOT into PE mode the vehicle will keep those trims and add MORE fuel on top of that at WOT. It'll suck gas down and you'll loose power.

Right now your car probably feels pretty damn quick now that it can breath, but if you have an overly rich condition the power you'll feel with it fuel correctly is another good jump and your fuel economy will jump too. Odds are your Cat got clogged because the car was running way rich. My car had the same problem when I bought it too (got a steal on it for that), an exhaust leak caused a rich condition which clogged the cat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
No I haven't. Okay so a little more history i change the four left injectors some time back but they were used from the junk yard. So on the data log what u are looking at is the lterm that starts out at 160 and never changes?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No I haven't. Okay so a little more history i change the four left injectors some time back but they were used from the junk yard. So on the data log what u are looking at is the lterm that starts out at 160 and never changes?
Yes. You can try swapping the four left injectors to the right and see if the condition moves from left to right. If that doesn't work it's not an injector.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Okay I will try swapping the left with the right injectors. I also got a deal on this TA cause it ran like crap. I thought this was going to be an easy fix but these LT1's are a totally different animal!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Take a look at those adjusted injector pulse widths. If you were to multiply the right width times 4 (number of injectors on a side), you get about 12.9 total for the side. Do the same on the left side and multiply times 3 and you get nearly the same value. Looks like one injector on the left side isn't working. Not sure if that analysis holds up in the real world, but it's interesting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Take a look at those adjusted injector pulse widths. If you were to multiply the right width times 4 (number of injectors on a side), you get about 12.9 total for the side. Do the same on the left side and multiply times 3 and you get nearly the same value. Looks like one injector on the left side isn't working. Not sure if that analysis holds up in the real world, but it's interesting.
That is interesting!! Going to switch them around and see what happens.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts