LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whts up guys i talked to lloyd today about my rwhp numbers i made 327rwhp and 407rw tq. i had eldelbrok heads ported by lloyd and got his stage 2 package with his 226/234 109 lsa cam, full exaust 30lb injectors 373 gears 3000 edge stall converter dyno tune, ported intake by lloyd elliot and 58mm throttle body, 1.6 pro mag roller rockers. I was told by lloyd tht i should hve made 370rwhp plus any ideas guys? I have a 95 impala ss

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1350036-le2-rwhp.html

dyno graph is posted on the link thanks guys, just trying to get as many opinions as possible

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i had the car dyno tuned, follow the link and see the graphs of my graph that i posted above, both before the bottom end rebuild and after, both tuned by the same place, but the cam and heads was installed from different shops

·
Registered
807 Posts
What brand of opti-spark are you running, sounds like you have alot of
good perf. stuff on your motor. What about the block? anything done to it? how many miles on it. Ever do a leakdown test or compression test on
the motor? any results from those tests.I dont remember what you said about your exhaust system,but I am sure you are aware these motors like to breathe! ed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Those are awsome low end #'s. I am no expert, but I think you are lacking fuel. It just drops off like you have no more fuel?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i definetly plan on getting it to the track asap, and i have CIA long tubes, K&N CAI, High flow CATS from CIA, hooker catback exaust. And I have a Delco Opti, ya i went all out and, i'm telling you i have been to hell and back litterally with this car and still can't get it right. I'm about to really give up. Plus the dyno is from when it had 100k bottom end the blue graph and the red is after the bottom end rebuild only about 3500 miles on it. Block was honed at the machine shop

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
How is your fuel pressure?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand i have 30lb red svo injectors, delco fuel filter, walbro 255lp fuel pump, am i not getting enough fuel, the injectors should definetly be big enough right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wouldent' the dyno show good fuel pressure or the car would not run right, if the fuel pressure was a problem right. I don't have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on the car

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
Was the converter locked or no?

Looks to me like the torque converter just screwed up the dyno readings with the crap loads of torque down low and falling off so fast. Ignore the low end torque, with stalled autos its not going to be accurate. Didn't the dyno give a readout of the afr?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya exactly and no he said that the converter wasen't locked on either of the runs, ya that' what's i'm saying it just falls off quick as hell

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
I just skimmed through some of that other thread and the power it made on the 100k mile engine seems about right to me for your setup, it had to be something that changed from then to now IMO, but track times would tell a better story.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's true, but the tuner said that i was a little lower from the motor being a fresh rebuild. on either of the build it still way less than the 370 to 390 hp that lloyd said that it should make

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
How many miles on it? It should be back up to full power within a few hundred miles.

350rwhp isn't that far away from 370 when you consider all of the factors like how much power your torque converter is eating and the way that dyno reads. Without the afr its more of a guessing game though, if you can get it that should give you a better idea. The tune will make a huge difference also.

·
Registered
896 Posts
If you have 3500 on the bottom end you should be back to full power. There are way too many variables with just a few dyno runs to compare. It looks like the TC is doing something funky to the dyno. It also looks like you were still making power when they shut it down, it doesn't look like it has peaked yet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts