LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a leaky header gasket and brainstorming. I think my problem is that the head of the bolt or the shoulder of the bolt is contacting the #6 primary tube and therefore what feels like a tight bolt really ends up not being fully tight on the flange but due to friction with the primary I can not turn it any more.
I started thinking about smaller headed bolts or running the allen heads and if there is still clearance issues I could cut some off the allen head and still be able to turn it with the allen head unlike cutting a 6pt headed bolt.
Then started wondering about the stock manifold bolts and those with the spacers with them, why would they not work? it would possibly get me away from the primary and I think those bolts are longer so I could use the stock spacers or if I had to cut down some of the spacer....

Just wondering.....I dont want to have to run say 2 paper gaskets...I am running the coppers right now.....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just put in 2 paper gaskets in there today, fixed the passenger side.
Now I think the driver side is leaking some. Guess i will just go ahead and put new ones on that side too.

FUN!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the flange is actually warped and I dont know anything that will cure this except taking off and trying to make the straight. OR replacing them with a new set....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts