LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Le2 heads from a member here. They were new and never installed. I have them on the engine with Victor Reinz 5890 head gaskets, and I'm using FEL-1284 intake gaskets. My intake is stock and the bolt holes aren't lining up. I can get one side or the other but not both. What do you guys think is going on here?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that might be the problem. If the bolts aren't lining up, What about the ports? Is there a way I can figure out how much milling has been done?

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So all I need to do is elongate the holes? Will the ports line up? I think I'm going to send it to Lloyd. Have him port it and mill it to fit right. Is there a way I can check how much the heads have been milled?
Thanks for the help!

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats the best way to elongate the holes? I've been looking for a write up about it, but cant find one.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool! I guess Ill give it a try. Thanks. Ill let you know how it turns out.

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
Send them to LE or have a local shop remove some material on the intake so it lines up, you can elongate the holes, but you are taking a chance the ports won't line up perfectly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I was checking out this intake issue over the weekend. I took and put the intake on with out the gaskets, to see if it would bolt up. (So I could get a guess on how far off it is.) It still wont bolt up. I need a way to figure out how much I need to take off this intake. I don't know were to start. I'm not sure about elongating the holes, I don't want problems later on. I'm hoping there is away to do this with out taking the heads off.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It hits the heads first. and there's a little gap between the block and the front of the intake. Its not a big gap, but it doesn't touch. Ill be home soon. I can try and the some pictures and post them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not going to look at it tonight. I had a long day at work. (in the rain!!). I have the day off tomorrow. So hopefully I can figure something out and get it running this weekend. I really appreciate the help. Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts