LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive heard great things of llyod elliot's port work, and im curious. what sort of RWHP do you guys think i could make with the stage 2 heads and cam along with the ported intake with my car and the mods in my sig.?? i would of course have the supporting components for the heads upgraded. (roller rockers, springs, etc.). Thanks in advance for the input!

-Chaz.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
232/240 .578/.574 110 LSA . sorry i didnt list cam specs. it was late when i posted lol. and i know that it lists the power ratings but i was wondering if these numbers are realistic and what has your guy's results been.Thanks.

-Chaz

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
232/240 .578/.574 110 LSA . sorry i didnt list cam specs. it was late when i posted lol. and i know that it lists the power ratings but i was wondering if these numbers are realistic and what has your guy's results been.Thanks.

-Chaz
those numbers are actually underated... ive seen higher numbers with this set up

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ok. what kind of numbers? lol
well over 430whp... it will all have to be basically with tuning...
thats why it says 410 "+" whp....

so as you can see really low numbers depending on the tune and obviously how you bottom engine is, compresion ratio will have to do a lot here, so as the head gaskets you use, well take every sensor it self that will have to do with your hp rates

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this may be a dumb question. but the head gaskets effect your compression ratio? i thought only the pistons and heads controlled that..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
this may be a dumb question. but the head gaskets effect your compression ratio? i thought only the pistons and heads controlled that..
think about the thickness of the gasket....... if its thicker it lowers compression ratio, if its thinner bumps up compression ratio, its not such of a big deal but will make a difference

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i didnt know that thanks. what kind of head gaskets would you guys recommend for performance and durability?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ive used in many engines Mr. Gasket 5716... they are thinner than stock ones, Ive had no problems what so ever

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Deck height determines gasket thickness.. you want .040 total quench. Quench is deck height + gasket thickness. Stock untouched deck is reported to be .025, So optimum quench without fixing that cannot be had. The best you could do is .051 quench using this gasket -
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-5716g/overview/make/chevrolet

390 - 420 rwhp would be realistic to see with that combo.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts