LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i need some help on this guys i might have went about this wrong. So i have it on stands i took drivers side stocker off put the new one on left the bolts hand tight. Went to the other side took the stocker off and got one bolt in on the new one but the other bolt wont go in im like a 1/16th off so the bolt wont go through. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah i got it. I kind of didnt do as told i took both stockers off and that allowed the rearend to not keep centered. Simply jacked up the pumpkin a bit and bamo lined up perfect.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well got them on and just went for a test. Backend feels a little stiffer which i like. Tryed out the "hooking" help these supposedly give no workie strips as long as the road i was on but it will get better with more mods i suppose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
UMI Performance said:
Depends what you are looking for from your car. The least inexpensive traction device is the relocation brackets, you will notice great results from them as for traction. That would really compliment the control arms :cool:
:werd:

Relocation brackets are my Hero's

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They help out how much though. I get TONS of wheelspin off the line im getting so much i can bounce the limiters itll shift and im still going for a little bit in second gear. My buddy has a 99 z28 and we raced and i had him for a bit if i was able to get a good jump id have him even longer. Relocation brackets will help me out there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes they will. What kind of tires are u running? Are you lowered? I had Kumho's before I had my GS D3's and I had the same problem. I installed relocation bracket's and the eliminated the wheelhop I was getting and helped on the traction. I then bought some GS D3's and no more wheel spin. Once there heated up I can't hardly even catch second gear anymore.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well curently im using a set of 17" zr1's outback (my burnout racing tires) 275 kumho's. Seems like i spin these more than i did my stocker 245's. No im not lowered all stock suspension minus LCA's. Me and him raced from a 25 punch and i spun bad with my 245's. We havent raced with my 275's but it just seems like i spn more with these so it would be a waste of gas.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
If you're not lowered then you don't need the relo brackets... If you've got wheelhop you need to get an adjustable torque arm and move your pinion angle a little more negative (just a degree at a time until it's good). If you're spinning more with the 275's it could be because of the tire compound... Some don't like to make traction until they're warmed up

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 275 kumho's were junk. They were the Estca Supra's. Not MX's. I've heard better things about them. You can run the relo bracket's they will help. Even though you not lowered. But if it were me. I would invest in a good Torq Arm and tire's.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yah mine are the ecsta's too. So i guess 2 strikes down on the supras cuz even when mine are hot get more spin than the wheel on the price is right. Is a torque arm an in the garage mod though? i hear its a bitch.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
naw, you can do it in the garage easy! well, it's not tooo bad anyway. Just put the back of the car on jackstands and unbolt the old one (2 big bolts) and then rebolt the new one (might help to remove the driveshaft. That's just 4 little bolts and pulling it out of the tranny)

·
Registered
282 Posts
CamTom12 said:
If you're not lowered then you don't need the relo brackets... If you've got wheelhop you need to get an adjustable torque arm and move your pinion angle a little more negative (just a degree at a time until it's good). If you're spinning more with the 275's it could be because of the tire compound... Some don't like to make traction until they're warmed up
I agree and disagree- The relocation brackets although first designed for lowered cars will work excellent on a stock height car. They help weight transfer squating the rear and pulling the front. They are very similar to a lift bar set-up, you can easily cut your 60's with them. They are a very inexpensive traction mod and that is why I recommend them. The torque arm is an excellent upgrade as well and one of the best for traction, however it gets more expensive so I suggested starting with the less expensive mods. Also yes the Kuhmo tires aren't so good, a good set of drag radials will really help the wheel spin as well. I suggest BFG's or Mickey Thompsons.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well, I'd certainly take the advice of a suspension guy over mine... Get some relo brackets!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I looked on install university the instal looks pretty easy. BUT it says they had to cut the brake bracket with a saw. Any ideas why?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts