LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what is the big deal with everyone saying it's impossible to launch a 4.10 car on street tires?

I've been thinking about 4.10's for a while, and practically HAD to get them because my car was falling on its face on the line after I installed the spec stage 2. If I had a dollar for everyone who told me, "Oh you're going to spin like crazy" or "you'll NEED drag radials" etc etc, I would be rich.

I decided this was a lie today when I took my car to the track after installing the gears. I sixty footed nothing but 1.9X's, with a best of 1.92. This is an M6 car on poopy non-name brand street tires @ 35psi.

The 4.10s picked my car up immensely, a solid 3-4 tenths in the eighth. It is like a completely new animal going down the strip. Love it!

by the way my mods are bolt ons... lid/longtubes/ORY/catback, subframe connectors, tune, and 4.10s.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
with my 4.22's and the cam I couldn't 60 less than 2.0... i wasn't able to heat my tires up very much though and the track wasn't prepped very well. Your 1.9's are more than feasible for all the naysayers out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts