LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything except my K-member bolts removed to get my engine out. Right now, the car is sitting on four steel rims and is perfectly flat. Do I need to hook up my cherry picker to the K-member before I remove the bolts? I am assuming I can remove these bolts safely without anything shifting, drop the car down, and lift up the frame? I am concerned about the safety issues involved in removing the K-member bolts while I'm under the car.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
If it makes you feel safer, support it. Though, I don't remember doing anything special with mine. I either just had a floor jack under the k-member while the front of the body was up in the air or I took the bolts out while the front wheels were sitting on my ramps (same as yours would be sitting on the wheels). Disclaimer: If you die, it is not my fault. :eek:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, gotcha. That is what I got from the engine removal steps another member sent me and from all of the other posts I've read. They all seemed abbreviated and dumbed down so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. Thanks

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
If it makes you feel better to have a complete step by step instruction set, pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the engine removal pdf that was on the michigan speed website. Very good complete article.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts