LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last chance at redemption. Timetrials and jackpot racing Friday, ET points races Saturday.

I'm going in at 12th place, 7 rounds behind the first 3 places. They only take 3 from this class to the Division V finals, but since they're in Brainerd this year, a bunch of "no thank you's" are expected. We'll see.

This class usually goes 7 rounds per race day. So, let's see: If I win the race, and the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place go out in the first round, 4th & 5th in the 2nd round or sooner, 6th & 7th in the 3rd round, 8th in the 4th round, 9th & 10th in the 5th round, and #11 no better than runner-up, I have a chance of moving into 1st place...

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mixed results.

Entered two jackpot races Friday. My lights in time trials were a string of .03's, ET's were following the weather station. 1st jackpot I went to the 4th round, got a $ stamped on my timeslip, we'll see how much the check turns out to be. 2nd jackpot, well you can see the results of that on my "stupid way to lose" thread.

Saturday, in two "street/sportsman" classes, one I've got perfect attendance for the season and was in 11th place, the other a class I've run in the past. Went out in the 3rd round in the latter, 2nd round in the former. 1st round of the former, I got lined up with the points leader, who had taken me out on two previous occasions this season, once in 2nd round and the next week in the 1st round. Over the years when I've been lined up with this guy, I've never beaten him. Until now. Treed him, put a 7 on my dial-in, took him out of the points lead.

In spite of the low finish, they are having enough trouble filling the team for the Division V final in Brainerd that they signed up anybody willing to go. Last I heard it was at 25 for a 36-opening team.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts