LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
You can get some custom true duals made by a decent muffler shop that would probably fit better than any aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was thinking of that i have a guy in bridgepart texas you fabbed up my cusotm exhaust on my bird. hell prolyl give me a cut on price too. Im just going off headers no cats and only pipe. No reso's or boom tubes (as i call them)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Vendetta said:
You can get some custom true duals made by a decent muffler shop that would probably fit better than any aftermarket ones.
Agreed, and if you do some shopping, you can save yourself a pretty penny over the aftermarket TD kits.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Turo said:
I have dumps and like them, but if I had a TA I would have gone out the back (the bumper needs pipes to look right IMO).
Exactly!

I actually have a pair of polished tips off a GMMG chambered catback just sitting around for the day I finally get my exhaust how I want it. They fill up the TA bumper holes perfectly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
On my SS, I built my 3" true duals from a Summit 3" x-pipe/true duals kit that they used to sell for $99. I had Kooks 1-3/4" stepped to 1-7/8" LT's, and I was able to use the bends in the kit, plus one or two lying around the exhaust shop, to fab a complete custom mandrel bent 3" true dual set-up for my application. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
also, Lane's are WAAAYYYY overpriced. talk to Jason at Texas-Speed, and ask him about thier true dual kit, and see if there's any way you can adapt it to LT1 LT's. It shouldn't be that hard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts