LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My freind jest bought a 97 camaro RS, and when he hits the breaks there is a knocking sound, it sounds like it is coming from the dash board but we could not figure out what it was or where it was realy coming from any ideas what it could be?

·
Less than 8 cylinder Moderator
4,979 Posts
Anyloose objects in the glove box? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
what kind of knocking sound? and what area of the dash is it coming from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is realy hard to explain its like loud thuding noise it happens everytime he hits the brakes it dosent matter if he hits them hard or soft he jest bought the car so the glove box is empty it has us stumped. he paid 5,500 and it has over 100,000 miles i think he got screwed cuz i bought a 97 trans am about a month ago and it only cost me 3,500 and it has 90,000 miles. but it has been cold and snowing since i bought it, so i only got to drive it home now it sits till spring:(
ooo and the sound is coming from the middle of the dash it sounds like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, thats a tough one. Check the front brakes and calipers see if they are good and don't have play to them, I would also check the Suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I had that kind of problem a few years back. Damn near drove me crazy until we figured out the strut tower brace bolt at the firewall had loosened up. It is a three point STB. If its got one check its mounting hardware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts