LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing headers, removed manifolds. I broke this 1 wire sensor I think is a knock sensor. Most pictures made it seem lower in the block this seemed kinda high - 1 wire connector passenger side

doing energy suspension mounts and pace setter headers carb legal. Doing wires while in there just did plugs am month ago

got manifolds off and want to ensure I install the right sensor any info on the broken sensor would be a big help

Attachments

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in reading posts it sounds like on 1994 z28 fans are controlled by coolant temp sensor in w/p with computer, but others describe a fan switch sensor described of what is in this picture.

When I look up fan switches for this year / make/ model I see no options. If weather cooperates I will be trying to work on engine mounts and headers soon so any help would be great.

Thank you

Toby

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe the gauge sensor is on the driver side cyl head. I have showed a picture of the driver side sensor and also a screenshot of what autozone shows for a temp sending unit sensor.

I went to the dealer and tried to see what they listed and could not find anything.

also tried to look around the internet but am still struggling to find what would be on the passenger head

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
It’s the same port in the head - between cylinder #1 and #3 on the drivers side and cylinder #6 and #8 on the passenger side. Which place is used depends on the installation.
I swapped LT1 into an El Camino with factory gauge set. Original engine had passenger side location for coolant temp sensor, so I went with the same on the LT1. Pipe plug in the drivers side port. Looks like your car uses both sensors - need the wiring diagram to figure out what each feed is for.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it running, the passenger side switch / sensor I could not find any info on. The connector that comes to it is 2 black wires that come together for a single connector. Not sure if this was a temps switch for fans or something?

I am not using OEM fans and can not seem to find anything that the passenger sensor effects. The dealer and any info I looked up could not find anything.

Any thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts