LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this may be an easy one. I have a 95 Trans AM M6 and when i bought it there were no key fob remotes. Does every car have the transmitter? Could i just buy some aftermarket fobs and program them myself? (which i know how to do...thanks shbox.com)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
No. It was an option. The module i believe is in the kick panel. Easy way to tell is take a paper clip and jumper 2 ports together (i believe its 4 and 9 but check shbox.com to be sure) if you have keyless i try installed your locks will lock and unlock indicating the car is now in programming mode. To program you just need to press any button on the remote which will toggle the locks again. Do the same for a second remote. When finished remove the paper clip. There is an RPO code if you have keyless entry is AU0

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
Also know that 93-95 took a different remote than later cars. It's rectangular in shape and uses 2 batteries. Last time I checked ebay, there were still a few of them for sale.

You can also check your rpo sticker to see if you have keyless entry.
AU0 is rpo. Sticker found in glove box or center console.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yeah i forgot to mention that. 93-95 use 3 button rectangle style remote

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna check it out tonight and see if i have this option.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so I don't have AU0 but I do have AU3. Any idea what this is?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I believe AU3 is power locks which is mandatory for AU0 keyless entry but they are not inclusive so its possible to have power locks but not keyless entry. Just checked to be sure and yes AU3 is power locks. IIRC pwr locks and pwr windows were standard on all 93-02 trans ams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts