LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
truthfully i like my blackouts however they are illegal and i have gotten pulled over for them before so i was thinking that while i have my car in the bodyshop to have my ss hood and spoiler installed i might as well take the blackouts off and do the berger panel..what do you guys think??

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i dont know where you live, but here in IL id had a state trooper tell me that as long as he can see my brake lights shine through it with the sun glaring on it, its ok

i think theres a spray you can paint the tail lights and ive heard they let the lights shine through very well

the way i look at it is, its my car, i make the payments, i pay the insurance, ill do what i want to it, i got no front plate, no cats, black-outs, and i want to get 5% tint on the sides and back

·
Registered
34 Posts
do berger panel. I think a Manta Stripe would accent it well to. Since your getting ready to install a SS hood.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm going to be different here......I'm not a big fan of the berger on red.......NBM, pewter, silver....looks great......just not red....just my oppinion:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i live in Virginia...most of the time the cops dont bother me but ocassionally i will get followed and i have gotten pulled over twice but both times they just told me to take them off and then gave me a ticket for my tint :mad: but anyways i dont know i have seen the berger on red cars and to me it looks pretty good

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan of Berger panels on red camaros. O and I don't know about where you are, but here I've heard of guys stopping by their docs office and saying "the sun really hurts my eyes" with a wink and the doctors will write a tint permit no prob.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Vendetta said:
I always found blackouts to be really tacky looking.
kinda depends on the car, like i like them on my black car, but if it was like white or green somthing like that, then they are kinda ugly

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well actually i just took my blackouts off because they melted my tailights..so my advice to anyone with blackouts is to take them off immediately and instead use the nightshades spray which is actually what i am thinking about doing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts