LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother In law just got a lotus esprit wow that thing was pretty fast (Its the 4 cylinder turbo version) from a dig It's just about worthless but from a roll Its almost unstoppable. He's beaten a few ricers and a SVT cobra in it He has alot of problems with it though It overheats and had some gearbox issues he had to get a new water pump for it which If you can believe it cost 700$. Good god that thing is small though I have trouble getting in the front seat and getting my leg in under the steering wheel (I'm 5'9). But anyway he took off this little tip that the guy before put on so It sounds alot better now. I'll have to get some pics of it. Yeah so any body live in arizona who want to race??????? :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
i looked at one of those when i was looking for my car. the cost of repairs is the reason i didn't get it. i know they don't weight shit. i bet u could swap in a LS1 and make it wicked

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
I had one of those smoke me terribly one day in Nashville!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris89GTA said:
I had one of those smoke me terribly one day in Nashville!!!
yeah they have two motors that come with them their not all that different either theirs the TT V8 but It makes only 350 hp this one makes Like 330 they are not much different

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Phoenix57 said:
i looked at one of those when i was looking for my car. the cost of repairs is the reason i didn't get it. i know they don't weight shit. i bet u could swap in a LS1 and make it wicked
Yeah the parts are murder Its in pretty good shape now he's gonna get an Intercooler setup for it It should make good power afterwards, I asked him about dropping a fuel injected Big Block in it he said it's not made for that kind of engine swap (I was think How I could make it that way though :D ) and since its a mid engine It would not be fun putting it in ;).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts