LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the OBX Stainless that USMC suggested. Almost bought the Summit headers and y-pipe, but the Shipping from the place in Cali with the OBX headers was a lot more sensible than the shipping from Summit. So now I have to figure out what to do for a y-pipe and such to get this all hooked up...

·
Registered
135 Posts
You could just have the exhaust shop that will be installing your exhaust weld you up a custom Y. That's what I'm doing since I've read about poor fitment qualities with Pacesetter Y pipes

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't going to have a shop install it for me. I haven't spent much time under this car at all, so wanted to better familiarize myself with it too.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
www.mandrelbendsolutions.com or google ram air restorations and talk to Paul. actually its 847-752-8990/ 8490/ 8790 one of these. He's a cool guy to talk to.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not going that route USMC. I will have very limited time in which to pull off the old system and get the new one on. no time for all the measuring and cutting I'd have to do. I'm just adapting a Cat-back to my application. I will probably end up just getting the Summit y-pipe, along with a couple reducers, just don't want to give FedEx the shipping business, and don't want to pay the outrageous prices of the other shippers...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The place I ordered my headers from is apparently quite incompetent at handling anything not "just so"... my CC billing address cannot be shipped to with a courier... they won't ship to a street address when it is not the same as the billing address. might end up going the Summit brand headers after all...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well heck that bites but hey other places sell OBX. For some reason they show up when you google them now. I guess they are making them again. Check out the OBX site and they will have listed they're retailers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's a very small list... I'm gonna phone the local NAPA and see if they can get them in I think... after I verify that my credit card has cancelled the payment to the previous place!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now said company is claiming that my credit card didn't work, while my credit card company is saying the charges went through...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Just make sure. Alot of times there are lag times where two different intities will say this. Plain and simple it went thru but they just haven't received it yet. Try again and I bet they have it. What company was it that you ordered from again. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was ERZ performance, the link you gave me in the other thread about exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts