Registered
936 Posts
Sweet! i wonder how much it slowed down the stopping distance

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Nice. 4 pot?

Sweet! i wonder how much it slowed down the stopping distance
You can acheive the same stopping distance with aggresive pads and soft tires on stock calipers/rotors. Where larger rotors and calipers really shine is the ability to brake hard repeatedly and maintain the braking performance where the stock set up would fade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they're 4 pot. I have the 17" Z06 wheels from OE wheels and they fit great. I had these put on with a full UMI suspension, it should all be done in the next few days.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
What pads do they come with? Hope they're better about brake dust than the pads GM uses in brembo calipers. If not, invest in some Armorall wheel protectant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're Baers pads so I'm not sure how good they are yet. The good thing is the pads are 98-02 size so there's a lot of choice on replacement. My car is a 95 Z. This kit required 98-02 spindles

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think you'll be happy with your purchase. I had used the Baer track plus (large two piston calipers) with 13.5" rotors and steel branded brake lines for years.

Here's a link of me stopping on them from 160 MPH to 40 MPH.
0 - 160 - 40

Your setup should be even better than that.

I recently upgraded to the Baer 6S calipers and they are simply insane. This year I should be able to get another did to show the difference between the two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts