LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im fairly excited, i just bought a 9 in for my 97 Z, which will get the brakets built and the brakes converted and put in while im here at school. so now all i have to do is built my 700R4 and the car will be bomb proof. lol yeah right something always goes wrong.lol

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my bad putting this in the wrong forum. but i bought this rear out of a old ford truck, ill be modding it to fit the car

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help.
im going to keep the torque arm, and fab a bracket up in class for it.
i might have to narrow it, i havent got to look into it that much. we dont get to start working on our car in school until next week.
i have 4 weeks to get the engine rebuilt, head and intake port and polished, and the rear installed with niew brake lines ran.lol so it should be interesting.
i hoping for mid 10's.
im going to introduce my self up in the top forum if anyone wants to know about the car.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
snakeoilperformance said:
ive heard and seen bullet proof 2004r in grand nationals and some other g-body cars. forget the 700r4, and get the 2004r
that would be a good idea if the car is only on the strip, but its going to also be on the street some. i want the over drive. and it will last for a long time for the amount that im going to use it.
im not going to leave the internals stock, i understand why they break.
the clutch's and bands in those things, are smaller than the 4T60E that comes in most front wheel drive GM cars.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well didnt know that, thanx for the info.lol
remeber im only 20. i still have alot to learn.lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.