LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

as some of u know, i'm still new and without a car now, i've reading as much as i can to enhance my info. now i'm getting my money ready and hopefully to find a decent car,, now what i'm talkin about is what u think better to get, what are the pro's and con's of the vary models of the camaro or T/A,, but mostly i'm into finding a 1995/1996 LT1 Camaro,, i like the shape and it's got it's advantages over the 1993 model,, what u think??

·
Registered
612 Posts
i prefer the LS1 engine over the LT1, but the LT1 is still a proven design that works really well also. 95 to 97 are probably ur best bets with LT1 cars. personally i like the formula/trans ams better, but thats merely looks. if you go for an LS1, id go for a 99 or above. 98s are still really good, and i wouldn't pass one up if its a good deal, but it has a few differences like a steel gas tank that is smaller than the plastic tank on the 99+. is the car going to stay stock or is it gettin some work done to it?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying, well i'm really into the 1996 look more than the new LS1,, the front lights are so not my style, about the mods to the car,, it will be upgraded but it's gonna remain my Daily driver car so it wont go through deep upgrades,, i've reading alot about what to upgrade, i see people upgrade the basic bolt ons which seems nice but i see it as too much work for not so significant increase of power, i've reading about STS turbo and emailing them with questions and they are really friendly,, i really believe that i'm gonna save up and instead of the headers/exhaust/intake, and all the standard bolt ons, i'm gonna go for the turbo instead and be satisfied with that,, other thing which really bugs me and i change my mind everyday is the selection of transmission,, it's gonna be my DD and i really think that Automatic is the one to choose, but i also love the manual trans,, the problem it's my dd car so i think it's gonna be auto coz i hate it during traffic to shift 1st gear, then nutral then 1st and so on.... what u think?

·
Registered
612 Posts
with the trans, it really depends. a lot of highway, defenately a manual. a lot of city, probably a auto. a manual is really fun, but a stalled up auto is a blast. the issue is that with a turbo, you will be making some power, and the 4l60e, the factory auto isn't all that strong and might not live too long on a turbo car. upgrading to the 4l80e is an option, but requires a little bit of work, which i doubt u will want to do. the factory manual trans is built tough. your clutch is the biggest issue. more power means a stronger clutch which usually means a much stiffer clutch pedal. especially with the manual, the rear end becomes a weak link. if you don't drag race, then the stock rear will probably hold up on an auto, and maybe a manual.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, there are both highway and inner city road and i'm a 100% manual trans fan, but the problem is traffic, man we get unbelievable traffic overhere and manual trans is so painfull,, but u r right for the turbo it's much more secure with the manual and i don't think i'll upgrade much from there coz i don't drag race, atleast not now,, it's my daily use car for the street, i'll be kickin some ricers a$$e$ for sure,, we'll see what happens,,, nice T/A by the way..

·
Registered
358 Posts
NviouSS said:
i have a friend that is trying to sell his 96 Z28. it's an auto, dark green w/tan leather and exuast. if you're interested, pm me and i'll get you more details about the car.
i think hes from the middle east, unless there like a "amman jordan" in indiana or something that i dont know about, lol

if your gonna go turbo, get the 6-speed IMO

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sleeperSS said:
i think hes from the middle east, unless there like a "amman jordan" in indiana or something that i dont know about, lol

if your gonna go turbo, get the 6-speed IMO

yes i'm from the middle east, hehe, it would be a bit hard for me to see the car,, i also think about the 6 spd,, i've always used manual trans, even on my old K5 Blazer used to have a 3 spd manual.. we'll see what happens.thanks all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts