LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Pontiac Firebird formula w bolt ons
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to undo half of my ignition junction block the other day to drop the motor and the nut stripped the treads and was spinning freely. Grinded it off and was done with it. But what are some ideas on what to replace it with? I’m having a hard time finding something similar when I search up junction boxes. Anything helps haha I’m getting close to throwing it back together and it’d be a shame to have to wait longer due to a junction box.

·
Global Moderator
13,506 Posts
Have you thought about replacing the stripped stud? If you hadn't ground it down, I would have suggested rethreading the stud to take a smaller diameter nut. But that ship has sailed.

Only other suggestion would be to get a used junction box from a camaro or firebird at a you pull it junkyard

·
Registered
1995 Pontiac Firebird formula w bolt ons
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you thought about replacing the stripped stud? If you hadn't ground it down, I would have suggested rethreading the stud to take a smaller diameter nut. But that ship has sailed.

Only other suggestion would be to get a used junction box from a camaro or firebird at a you pull it junkyard
It wasn’t repairable or I would’ve. The top of the stud was so rusted it snapped off and the nut rounded the threads on the inside so there was no other easy way to get it off. But yeah it looks like that’s what I’ll be doing today haha thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts