LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard you can run a NOS dry kit with out the jets because the solenoid wont flow over a 150 shot. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
please do not test this one!!! :eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not, just wondering if its true.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I dought it...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I doubt it too. I'd find me a ricer and tell him it'll work and to try it. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A guy on LS1TECH said the solenoid's on a NOS dry kit is to small to flow over 150. He also said a bunch of guy's on there has done it. I'll get some more info and let you guy's know.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
jets are super super cheap... what would be the point?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They dont make a 150 for my kit, plus I was just wondering if it was true or if anyone has done it, what kind of luck did they have, did they **** it up. Why waste money on jet's if you can just take the jet out?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
robzwickidss said:
2 .036" jet equal a 150 shot on the 5177 kit.
Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here ya go:
Dual .028 = 75hp - 15% = 63.75rwhp
dual .030 = 85hp - 15% = 72.25rwhp
dual .033 = 100hp - 15% = 85rwhp (mine came with one .032/.034)
dual .038 = 125hp - 15% = 106.25rwhp
So with these known NOS numbers we can see that every .001 jet size increase equals 2.5hp at the crank, .002=5hp and so on. Now we can do the math and get a close baseline rear wheel hp shot that we want. Every engine/car set-up is different, so the only way to get an absolute 100rwhp would be to jet it on a dyno. Hope this helps. In the beginning NOS did include the .038 jets, but...
(Posted by Robert56 on Ls1TECH.com)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks nosty but a friend of mine was the one wanting to know. Im happy with my 100 shot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its actually closer to the 175 HP range before they cant flow any more nitrous.. this of course is due to the oriface of the small little "purge" solinoids with the kit. With upgraded solinoids and "T" fitting you can go much higher on these little kits. Much over 200 and you get into some real funky problems due to fluid mechanics, and the way EFI works in general. There are ways around this as well but it takes some electronic work. Had alot of experience with BIG dry efi kits.

I wouldnt try nor reccomend the !jet trick, but It has been done and will work.. just not the smartest idea in the world. Not only is it hard to guage the shot size it has all sorts of neat repercussions with pressure and flow.

True: yes
wise: not hardly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts