LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya, my names Mikayla and I’m new to this group. I’ve had my car for 2 years now. I have a 1996 Trans-Am, my car is having problems passing emissions and I can’t fix it. I do all my work myself and at my shop.

I recently purchased a Jet Performance tuner so I could see if I could t get into my system to turn that code off so I can pass emissions. The problem I’m having is that the tuner is not communicating with my pcm. It connects with the laptop perfectly fine, but once it’s plugged into my car I get nothing.

The first time I had this issue I got an error code and the tech line support said it was due to a poor communication connection. So I followed the prompts he told me and now I get a pop up that says the tuner is being rejected due to the error on reading pcm. Has anyone or anyone understand what’s going on and why my car won’t connect?

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
Since I known nothing about the Jet tuning system, one thing I can suggest is to plug an obd 2 scanner into the aldl and see if it can read car's pcm.

This is to see weather there is a problem with car's aldl port communicating with pcm. If scanner connects to pcm, then problem could be with Jet program, com port configuration of laptop, or cable that connects between laptop & aldl.

Sorry, but this is the best I can do for you on this problem.

And, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already put a live data and code reader on my car and it connects and read perfectly. just the programmer will not connect. i just emailed the comany for the 4th time and if something doesnt start to work im just going to send the programmer back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts