LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, a while back I started a lt1 swap into a c10 shortbox (87). well, it's finally done (ish)!

Got a minor issue hopefully you guys can give me advice on. Drivetrain is from a 1995 9c1 cop car or impala ss.

mods are:

engine trans rebuilt, engine internals stock, headers and intake, dual exhaust, 160 degree thermo ( ecu programmed for this )
trans is rebuilt with shift kit and a b&m 2000 rpm stall.
4:10 posi

ecu was bought and done by MYLTWON
harness is from PSI conversions. Good customer support.

Runs like a champ but it bogs a bit off the line. Lower rpms, if you hit the gas to hard, it stumples and then kicks in. After 2200 rpms, its all good.

Both cooling fans come on right after start up. fuel pressure is great, 40 to 50 at all times.

I want to check the codes on this thing. The port is obd 1.

Can I jump the pins with a wire?

SES light is not hooked up yet.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
doesnt it feel awesome when you do a swap and it runs, even if it does run like shit?

no, you cant jumper it like the older OBD-I gm cars. you need to hook a proper OBD-I scanner up to it to retrieve codes

if the fans come on right away, it's throwing a code for sure.. so you need to find out what it is before going any further. weird low rpm acceleration issues are common if a sensor is whacked

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
computer was from a 95 too, I bought it used with tuning pre done from MYLTWON. For the price for me to ship my ecu to him and get tuned, it wasn't much more to buy everything and have it shipped once. Plus I have a spare but it's completely stock.

Hope it's okay to drive it like this. I can't stop ripping around the block. The old 305 tbi wouldn't go past 3500rpm. Even if you coasted down a hill in first.

4500 to 5500 rpm shifts are so much more fun.

Is there a place that sells everything as a package to scan the ecu or ses? I don't really need to tune it. I hope.

Maybe the laptop cable and software as a kit is better.

Thanks for all the help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts