LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on pulling the heads this week to do some cleaning/polishing/porting work & I was also thinking about maybe having them milled a little to help up the compression. A buddy of mine mentioned that I may be able to get a thinner head gasket that would raise the compression a little instead. Is this true? If so does anyone have a part number? This is for a 94 Z28.... Is this a good idea? How much compression is too much anyway? I will either be running the Hot Cam or a CC306, I mostly use Sunoco 94 octane & never use less then 93... I also plan on having a PCM tune after the cam install & head work, also installing coated long tubes and 4.10's at this time too.. Thanks guys!

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The impala gaskets are .029" vs. the normal F-body gasket that is like .040 or .048 or something like that.

It will bump it up about 1/2 a point.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Be aware if you look up Impala head gaskets from Felpro you will get the same part number for the Impala as for Camaro.....its basically the F-body gasket. The true Impy gasket is GM and .029". The Felpro one is .045.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts