LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so just today i was driving normally for about 5 miles and as i was at a light waiting for green i accelerated at green and it felt like the car lost all its horsepower and someone threw an anchor out the back like i was driving in 3rd gear so i manually shifted into 1st gear and i had gotten all power back and i put it in drive and was fine and stop at the next light same thing lost all power and back in 3rd so i manually shifted to 1st again back to normal it keeps doing this now fluid level is fine and fresh no service engine light is on or anything could there be trans codes still though?

is this a classic symptom of a shift solenoid failure??

thanks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Scan for codes for sure. Not all will trip a light.

Sounds like limp mode. Every time this has happened to me it was because the transmission control module lost power. Do you have a remote starter installed?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No remote start option on this car
Just wondering. Aftermarket remote starters are prone to interrupting the power signal to the TCM.

Any codes?

·
Registered
772 Posts
No TCM in a 4th gen Firebird or Camaro. The transmission is controlled by the PCM.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Firebird Formula LT1 5.7 4L60
2 Posts
Hello all. I know this is an old post, but my 1994 Formula 5.7 LT1 4L60 doing the EXACT same thing. Any help please!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts