LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes...

I have owned a 96 Z28 then a 98 TA and now a 97 Formula...

1997 M6 Formula
First major things it had were home ported heads, 224/230 112 lsa and minor bolt ons and long tubes... It was running low 12s at 113ish..Then I bought a tnt f1 kit for it. Then it was still runing low 12s but at 123(yeah I had traction issues) then i made the dumb mistake of not checking oil level for a while and spun a couple rod bearings..

Now I have a APE fully forged 383 11:5:1 CR
236/245 114lsa .569/.580
Jet Hot longtubes, 52mm Holley, K&N cai,30#svos,ford 9 3.90 gears, Pro mag nsa 1.6 rockers with 918 springs and tit retainers, Mcleod street twin, and lastly Ill be spraying at least 200 at it..Then I after putting the motor in I realized that the side scraper on the canton pan wasnt clearing my rod bolts so I pulled it back out and put it back in..Then the car ran and idled fine but had alot of hesitation issues and headers were glowing from being lean..Then my alarm system (aftermarket) failed and car wouldnt start. So I got real frustrated and dropped it off at speed inc and basically said I dont want it back til I can drive it to its potential...I got a call today saying all misc wiring and electric cutout is installed etc..and they will begin scanning it tomorrow to see why its lean...Ill let you all know how it goes...Feel free to also give intros of yourselves and cars in this thread...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey, another guy with an APE motor. When did you get your motor done by them?? I had mine done Mar-Apr last year and had no problems at all with the entire deal.

Sounds like a nice car man!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Doh. That sucks man. It's sad what happened to them and what they caused themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts