LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've read a few posts about injectors but they don't seem to apply I just bought this 93 ta and from the receipts I received with the car I found that this guy had changed the injectors to 26# only other mods I can see are headers Eprom chip. And an air intake ice never heard of (g2. Gigliotti) the car seems to be running a bit rich also. Not sure if that's related. Should I consider picking up stock injectors if they really have no purpose and if so where can I order them from in Canada other than the dealer
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
if the injectors are changed, you must tune for it. and your car, being a '93 takes 22lb injectors stock, not 24 like the rest of us.

i guess there's no easy way to know if that chip accounted for the injectors or not. can you find out where he got the chip from and what's been done? ..

i do have a gigantic pile of 24lb injectors if you're desperate you could pretty much have a set for freight&beer... i know from experience that 24lb injectors run alright in a '93; especially with intake/exhaust that hasnt' been tuned for.. what side of canada are you on?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in ontario. No way of finding out what's in the car other than the receipts I got with the car. The original owner was in Florida with car Car runs a1 no hesitation or anything Just wish I knew why the injectors would have been changed

·
Global Moderator
13,580 Posts
Most common reason for changing injectors is they get clogged up over time. They usually can be cleaned but many people chose to get a rebuilt or new set.

Second reason to change injectors is because performance mods done need a bigger injector. As stated above by steveo, if you add bigger injectors, computer tune must be adjusted for those.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
yeah but who the hell would put 26lb injectors in, and chip it, with no other mods?

who knows what else has been done to this thing man. pull a valve cover and take a pic of your rockers/springs for starters

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will see what pics I can get and what other info I can get also. If I want to use the car as a daily driver should I drop the stock size injectors in for a somewhat improved gas mileage??

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
no, it all depends what the ecm expects the injectors to be, in the tune.. whether you have #22 or #60 injectors, wont affect economy IF the ecm is aware of it. what's in question is whether your ecm has been reprogrammed for the injectors or not

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
that's very difficult. the only way to know FOR SURE that the ecm has been tuned for the injectors is to take the chip out, have the bin dumped and analyzed.

if you're running rich, that's a pretty good sign its not tuned for it, but that could be evidence of some valvetrain work being done and not tuned properly too. any cams or whatever that are thrown in a speed density system like yours tend to run rich (lower vacuum)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts