LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 z tried to leave work today in my car cranked it she started then 1 sec later died then no restart. looked at fuses and ignition fuse was blown threw another in it blew before car even cranked what would cause this?

·
Registered
620 Posts
It being grounded wrong,a short like shoebox said, wired wrong or not the right size fuse.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thats a transmission fluid code.
I wouldnt think that would keeep it from cranking lol
Did the wires turn out to be okay?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Do you have a system hooked up? Or custom neon lights by any chance or custom guages like a tachometer or vice versa?
If so and ur running it from your fuse box my old camaro kept blowing the tailight fuse. And it was a 15. No joke, i put a bigger fuse in it, i belive a 20 or 25 and it worked beautifully NEVER had the prob again.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
tested terminal d on opti harness reading 34.8 ohms bad opti?
Not necessarily so, if that was the opti harness. Not sure why you are testing there when you said you weren't getting power to the coil or ICM. You need to fix that, first. Power goes directly to the coil from the fuse, loops through the coil and to the ICM.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
one thing i noticed on the fuse that i had the issue with was one side had power the other didnt would this trans code 59 cause no start i heard the trans gets power for sensors from the ignition fuse also like to add fuse is no longer blowin

·
Registered
19 Posts
easiest way I check fuses is with car off use a dvom and set it to audible beep. then set it on the test ports of a fuse. good ones will beep.

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
Things that can blow ignition fuse #11 . Shorted coil, shorted icm, shorted wire from ignition switch to ignition fuse, shorted wire from ign fuse to coil, shorted wires from coil to icm. Might even be a short in the electrical part of ignition switch, though it's not as likely as the other suspects, as a short there would usually produce other symptoms as well.

Your problem lies in one of those places. You need to look at the ignition system schematic on shoebox's site, then test each of the components and wires the fuse serves.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pulled trans harness from trans put new fuse in cranked right up so basically gotta pull the pan and either look for messed up harness wire or bad trans temp sensor which is inside the manual valve switch thing do they see them at the parts store do you by any chance or atleast a gm part number ?

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
Might have one at a regular parts store, but you have a better chance of getting one from a transmission parts supply house. Or pm our members dynamic396 or cahall. They both own transmission shops and can supply you with what you need.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts