LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I had an accident in my T/A. I gave it to a shop to fix the body and install a new door, they ended up putting a hole on my pass seat, throwing out a perfectly good alpine speaker by accident, and shorting out some electronics.

My windows, radio, and antenna currently don't work. I couldn't take it back to the shop because my opti died first, then reverse blew out :craz28:. Now I come to find out the shop is out of business :craz28:.

Anyways, I did some searching and everything seems to point to the RAP module. Fuses are good. But how do I test and confirm short of throwing in a replacement? Also, I've seen plenty of threads with radio/ window/ lock issues, but nothing about the antenna? Unless the radio is linked to the antenna somehow? I know the antenna would always come up as soon as I'd turn the key to on.

Any advice? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
if the radio doesn't turn on, the antenna won't come up. i lost my RAP module a few years back on accident while wiring in the passenger window fix kit and the windows and radio stopped working and iirc the antenna as well since it won't go up without the radio being on.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
or take urs out and see if any solder joints are bad. the guy who changed mine saw burn.marks in it where it short circuited. he said he could have fixed it by soldering.

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
If you would go to the 4th gen section and look for thread titled "GM service manuals" you can download the 94 service manual. In volume 2 on page 8A-15-0 starts the wiring diagram and troubleshooting procedure for the rap module.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally got around to playing with it, I took the module out and what do you know:

When connected, the big components on the board were pretty warm to the touch. I soldered the broken trace together and reinstalled it.

The pass side window works perfectly, the d/s however only goes in one direction. I double checked the wiring on the connector and its correct.

So one side of the switch is dead, if I swap the dark blue to gray wire it will work in the other direction. These are what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Also my radio/ antenna still don't work. I have a speaker missing from my d/s door, would this cause the radio not to work?

Edit to say that acc fuses are good. I guess I'll have to pull the deck out to check if there is a fuse there as well as take the RAP module out again and jump power to it to see if it restores the d/s window to fully operational. If it does it means I probably fried a component on the board as well.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts