LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how are you doing you guys. Well I just joined ls1lt1.com I was invited by Red Devil over at the thirdgen.org web site. Well Ill let you know my situation, I am about to buy a Mini Ram to replace my TPI induction system. Now in my state, New Mexico, they do visual inspections and the Mini Ram does not have an EGR. I was thinking of somehow making a fake EGR for my motor and a person suggested me that I do this:

"I was going to find something in the boneyard with a remote mounted EGR like the LS1 fourthgen has then just mount my stock valve to it. You would have to then run a pipe from the base of the mount to the intake and one to the exhaust to make it look factory"

Now I don?t know if this would work, I know it?s not going to be functional and that?s ok with me I just want to pass the visual inspection!! And to tell you the truth I?m not very familiar with the LS1. I don?t know if someone has a pics of the remote mounted EGR (describing ?run a pipe from the base of the mount to the intake and one to the exhaust?) Well let me know what you guys think. Thanks

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The LS1's EGR is electric, not vacuum activated. Anybody that remotely knew what they were looking for would know it was out of place on a TPI motor.

I'd suggest trying to fake up a stock EGR valve by bolting somewhere off the back of the intake, where they couldn't see it very well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks a lot for your reply, Ill start looking into finding a good place to bolt on that EGR. And your right it would be a lot harder for them to see it if was on the back of the intake. Thanks again,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now if I could do that, that would be great!!!! But right now I dont know of any. But trust me Ill be looking one!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Look at the corvette TPI or 5.0 mustsang setups and go from there. I've had good results adapting the vette one to non-egr manifolds. You can mock up the tubing and either braze it yourself or have someone do it after you mock the orientation of the tubing. If you have to go through it, might as well make it functional.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts