LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I've been trying to set out my plans for an LT1 WS6. This will be my first F-body, well 4th gen F-body. I wanted to go all out with a stroker and some ported LT4 AFRs and try and make one hell of an LS1 ass whoopin machine. I guess thats just the appeal of the LT1 to me...being the underdog. But after some research, test drives and many track nights. I have..sorry to say it.. but fallen in love witht he LS1.

But I am still going to by an M6 LT1 WS6 and if I like it Ill buy an LS1 F-body. I want to get this car and see if the 4th gen F-body is what I want and really expand my "Late Model" mechanical skills with it. I want a car that will whoop ass on most mostly stock LS1s. Heres My plans: Full boltons including LTs. Full Suspension. Now the part where you guys come in...

I want to put the LT4 Hot Cam in. I like this kit because of its completeness and price. I know its a baby cam and all that crap, but I figure its a good way to really learn the car and get some extra performance. I will probably keep the stock heads or get the Stage1 from Lloyd elliot. What do you guys think Ill dyno with and without the LE heads, and Track time estimates with and without the heads? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Dude, if you're going to put a cam in, do not shortchange yourself

Find a cam that's made a lot of LT1 guys happy and go with that, then piece your own parts together from a dealership or GMPartsDirect.com or even the company you buy the cam from. 'Completeness of the kit' will mean nothing to you 2 months down the road when you kick yourself for not going bigger than LT4. I know in the LSx world, the hotcam is just a waste of everybody's time.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well what do you think about the CC305 (224/230 112LSA If I remeber correctly) or the Comp Cams XE (220/230 112LSA)?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got one of combination motorsport's grinds, a 230/242 with 114 LSA...couldn't be happier. Research your lobe separation angles if you're looking to do nitrous/forced induction in the future.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No Location? Do you have to meet emissions in your area?

If your going to buy an M6 LT1 get a bigger cam.

If you are going to buy a 4th Gen and price is no object get the LS1.

I bought my car 2 years before the LS1 FBody came to be,in some ways I wish I would have waited.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Texas. I would like to meet emmisions but I really don't have to.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
IMO dont shortage yourself in the long run either, just get an ls1. Every now and then i wish i would have bought that 99ss. I love lt1's and they have great potential just have to work a little harder if you want all motor due to the lack of heads. I dont think you should even touch an lt1 if your considering ls1. Save your dough and get the ls1 no regrets that my motto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts